NSV today

Options
_SABOTEUR_
_SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
Today I felt good about myself. It was warm and I was going to my course. I decided to wear some clothes that are relatively new and had previously been on my 'I just need to lose a few pounds' shelf. Today I felt confident enough to wear them and that I looked good in them.

Off I went to my course. I started to chatting to one of the other guys there. He looked me up and down and said, 'You're getting big aren't you?'

I was pretty much winded by this and didn't know what to say. In my head I started berating myself for being stupid enough to think these clothes looked good and me.

Then he said, 'Have you been going to the gym?'

'Oh, you mean my muscles?' I said. I was so relieved and then very happy! Now I'll be proud of how I look in these clothes. :happy:

I took some photos when I got home and decided I look pretty damn fine. It's a medium top (used to be XXL) and 34" waist trousers (used to be 44")

2rrkpbp.jpg

28l3lf4.jpg

Replies

• Blueyedtine
    Blueyedtine Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Congrats! :happy:
  • katekross
    katekross Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Your pictures didn't show up but that is definitely awesome :)
  • ctpeace
    ctpeace Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I have work clothes in that category, and it's so satisfying to finally use them and feel good!
  • notworthstalking
    notworthstalking Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    You do look good :) those clothes look they are sitting just how they should be. Great NSV
  • nicarey19
    nicarey19 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Love the story. Looking good!!
  • houlee
    houlee Posts: 60
    Options
    Awesome!
  • SatchGallamax
    SatchGallamax Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    You look amazing in your new trousers! And the muscles are quite obvious. Well done!

iY5hheEtnTbxZ.gif
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    You look amazing in your new trousers! And the muscles are quite obvious. Well done!

iY5hheEtnTbxZ.gif

Totally would have done that at the time, but I was sitting down.
  • aNewYear123
    aNewYear123 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Congrats. You look great; and the shirt does show off your muscles.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    Awesomeness :bigsmile: :drinker:
  • tatd_820
    tatd_820 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Great NSV! You look fantastic. Be proud and own your new self!
  • DeeC01
    DeeC01 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Well Done!!! Great achievement
  • russett_red
    Options
    This is my very first post!

Its amazing how quickly we always think to the negative about someone's comment, isn't it? I'm really glad that he following up with the question about the gym, otherwise I think that you would have felt bad all day for no reason. I think (as well as everyone else that has replied) that you look fricking fantastic and should be super proud of yourself.

Have a great day!
  • luticiaf
    luticiaf Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm thoroughly impressed with your transformation:) Also seems like you've adopted a fair amount of negative self-talk; i'm sure with the many compliments you're bound to receive, such as today, that voice will slowly whither and die. You look amazing!
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    I started to chatting to one of the other guys there. He looked me up and down and said, 'You're getting big aren't you?'

I was pretty much winded by this and didn't know what to say. In my head I started berating myself for being stupid enough to think these clothes looked good and me.

Then he said, 'Have you been going to the gym?'

'Oh, you mean my muscles?' I said. I was so relieved and then very happy! Now I'll be proud of how I look in these clothes. :happy:

You don't need to have any worries about people thinking you're big. You look smashing. No one will mistake you for someone out of shape at all.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    You are adorable and your arms (and legs) are crazy.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Ohh look at you!! You look great man!
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    88wolfwhistle7.jpg

Nice Job!
  • chm2616
    chm2616 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    You look AWESOME!!!!!!! You've done a fantastic job!!!!!!!!
  • Rockstar_JILL
    Rockstar_JILL Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!