Question....

Options
I have a very physical job....I unload trucks, on my feet all night, quite a bit of heavy lifting. Do you think any of this would count towards exercise? Or having more calories for the day?? I drink LOTS of water because I basically sweat buckets the whole nine hours I am there.

Replies

• sagithia
    sagithia Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Don't count that at all. Just count what you are doing as time committed to exercising. Everything else is just a bonus.
  • everyoung
    everyoung Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I would count that but in order for you to lose weight, your intake has to be less than the calories you had burned throught the day (in your case, night).
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Under settings there is update my fitness profile these are the options for daily life

Update Your Diet Profile

To help us update your personalized fitness goals, please update your profile by making any changes to the values below.

1. Current Weight: lbs switch to metric (kg)
    2. Goal Weight: lbs
    3. Height: feet inches
    4. Gender:
    * Male
    * Female
    5. Date of Birth:

1. How would you describe your normal daily activities?

Sedentary: Spend most of the day sitting (e.g. bank teller, desk job)

Lightly Active: Spend a good part of the day on your feet (e.g. nurse, salesman)

Active: Spend a good part of the day doing some physical activity (e.g. waitress, mailman)

Very Active: Spend most of the day doing heavy physical activity (e.g. bike messenger, carpenter)
    2. How many times a week do you plan on exercising? workouts / week min. / workout

Selecting the type of daily active life you have will determine your base line cals- so your baisc daily activities for work are already factored in, it can hurt you if you don't select the right goal, say your Very active (but have a desk job) and you log exercise now you are over eating, say you say you are Sedentary (but have a very active job) and only count exercise now you are underating and possibly in starvation mode. Its important to select the right option
  • ReeReeTug
    ReeReeTug Posts: 13
    Options
    Thank you all so much :) I truly appreciate the advice :):flowerforyou:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    I second what sassy said you need to look at your profile and choose the correct lifestyle choice because your job will burn more calories than a desk job and that will change how you loose weight.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    Here is the basic question: is this a new job that represents a substantial lifestyle change?

Second question: On this routine, are you losing weight?

If this is your normal routine, and has been for awhile, and your weight has not changed while you have been working at this job, then you should not count this as "exercise" or as "extra calories".

If this is your normal routine, and you are just starting out on a program, then the amount of recreational/vocational activity that you do in your daily life is part of the equation. You include that when you set up your profile and establish you "base" number of calories for the day.

Then, you stick to your calorie guidelines and see what happens. If you lose weight, you have entered the right activity level; if you don't, you haven't.