Baked apples in a bag

Options
twinteensmom
twinteensmom Posts: 371 Member

Baked Apples in a Bag. Quick and easy snack when youre craving something sweet but want something decently healthy.

1 apple, 1tsp sugar, 1tsp water, 1/4tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp cornstarch. Put in bag and microwave 2 min. tasty treat! Only 59 calories!

I can't wait to try it!!!

Replies

• janicemitchellcross
    janicemitchellcross Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting sounds yummy!
  • twinteensmom
    twinteensmom Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    So, I tried it and it is wonderful! I used a Red Delicious apple but a Macintosh would be good, too. I used a quart size freezer bag because they are a bit sturdier than a regular zip lock bag. I also left it slightly open to let steam out. I disagree with the calorie count, though, One apple is 80 calories and 1 tsp of sugar is 16 calories. Still, the result was just right to satisfy a sweet craving!
  • chrisdell21
    chrisdell21 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Ooh! I am going to have to try this with a granny smith apple. Sounds super tasty
  • ameliaannakin
    ameliaannakin Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    This is AMAZING. I tried it the other day - a gala apple with a teaspoon of sugar and a third of a teaspoon of cinnamon in a bowl in the microwave for two minutes and topped with greek yogurt. Best after tea treat I've had in a while!
  • Junebugsc
    Junebugsc Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Saving for later!
  • zumbarock
    zumbarock Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Made this and...........YUM! :)
  • blinker86
    blinker86 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I've made this before, and it's definitely one of my favorites when I want a really delicious snack that doesn't feel healthy at all. I love adding a scoop of vanilla ice cream, too!
  • ameliaannakin
    ameliaannakin Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I made this with a pear today instead of an apple and put a few sultanas in there. It was delicious too! So many possible variations on this :)
  • thenpluck
    thenpluck Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Oh my this sounds right up my street! I will definitely be trying this tomorrow! Thanks for the idea!!