Does it work to save spare calories for a special occasion?

Options
That is, if I didn't eat, for example, 100 calories of my daily allowance on 3 days during the week, could I have a 300 calorie treat on the weekend without it ruining my attempt at weight loss? Or will it only work to go day by day and NOT save up calories that way?

I'm new to all this! Thanks in advance. :)

Replies

• lmorr7
    lmorr7 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have done that and it has not been a problem. Try to only save calories to use within that week though.
  • gottogetinshape
    gottogetinshape Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I have done that and it has not been a problem. Try to only save calories to use within that week though.

OK, that makes sense. Thanks! It's good to know it worked ok for you!

What does everyone else think?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Well in theory you lose one lb every 3500 calories. So it really doesn't matter how much you and when you eat, just that if you want to lose 1lb a week, your total deficit is 3500 calories in a week.
  • gottogetinshape
    gottogetinshape Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Well in theory you lose one lb every 3500 calories. So it really doesn't matter how much you and when you eat, just that if you want to lose 1lb a week, your total deficit is 3500 calories in a week.

Of course, yeah. I read that and then forgot it. Oops. You're right, in theory it should work out. So maybe I can have a treat on the weekend, although I know I have to be careful as once I start eating certain things, I just want more and more. I have to be selective! Thanks for replying!
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I do it all the time-- "save" my calories during the week, and "spend" them on the weekend.