Started 30 Day Shred today. Anyone else??

Options
I am new to myfitnesspal, and pretty much new to working out in general. I decided to try out the 30 day shred. I am getting married in July so wanna start getting fit now!!! IF anyone else has started today, or close by, feel free to add me!! I have no friends on here, but I love seeing everyone's posts about their journey though 30DS!!

Anyone as sore as I am?!?!

Replies

• gigi_RN2013
    gigi_RN2013 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    i actually just bought this dvd today lol. plan on starting tomorrow (hopefully). not procrastinating but i did a kickbox-cardio class yesterday and still feel achy!

how was the first day?!? painful/fun/brutal???
  • lk149504
    lk149504 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hi!!! I am starting the 30 day shred Friday!! I have done it before but never for the whole 30 days!!! Lets get it together! Congrats on getting married!
  • Cynkane
    Cynkane Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I have done the 30DS. Piece of advice Day 3 is the WORST! If you can push through it you will be great. I have had great success with it in the past and it is a great workout when you are limited on time. I still do it when I am limited on my workout time.

Feel free to add me if you want.
  • CyeRyn
    CyeRyn Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I started level 2 today so on day 11 of 30. I'm almost half way in but if you want someone to cheer you on I'm happy to help!
  • amberprice13
    amberprice13 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Day 1 was brutal!!!! I literally thought I was gonna die in the middle of it but I just kept pushing. Only had to take one 5 second break! Although breaks aren't allowed. lol I was in so much pain during and after, but a few hours later, i feel fine! Wonder what tomorrow is going to be like!
  • gigi_RN2013
    Options
    Day 1 was brutal!!!! I literally thought I was gonna die in the middle of it but I just kept pushing. Only had to take one 5 second break! Although breaks aren't allowed. lol I was in so much pain during and after, but a few hours later, i feel fine! Wonder what tomorrow is going to be like!

how long of a workout is it? i will do it with you as well !!! :)
  • gigi_RN2013
    Options
    congratulations by the way ! don't forget to post some wedding pics :)
  • jennylea16
    jennylea16 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I did day 1 today...it was rough! But will keep on going. Good luck!!
  • amberprice13
    Options
    how long of a workout is it? i will do it with you as well !!! :)

I think it's only 20 minutes. It's 3 minutes of Strength, 2 Minutes of Cardio, 1 minute of Abs. And she does 3 different circuits.
    Also does a 2 minute warm up and cool down.

Only thing is, I feel like it may get boring doing to same workout for ten days before you can switch to level 2 and level 3.
  • amberprice13
    Options
    congratulations by the way ! don't forget to post some wedding pics :)

Thank you!! I for sure will! :)
  • sc10985
    sc10985 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    This is my second time doing it. I did the full 30 days last year but I only got up to level 2 because I was really out of shape lol. I only lost about 5lbs while doing it but I definitely felt a little leaner and my clothes fit better! Then I totally fell off the wagon haha. I'm doing it again and I'm on day 6 of level one. One thing I will say, good form is key. Some of the stuff that seemed easy to me before is kicking my *kitten* now because I'm really paying attention this time. The soreness will get better! When I did it last year I could barely walk up and down my stairs haha. Just push through it!! Good luck!!!
  • abrandnewme18
    Options
    i'm going to start it friday! :D i'm super excited! bikini season is coming up and i wanna look good! :bigsmile:
  • gigi_RN2013
    Options
    i'm going to start it friday! :D i'm super excited! bikini season is coming up and i wanna look good! :bigsmile:

maybe i should start friday too since that's when everyone else is starting ........
  • lainaR23
    lainaR23 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have done the 30DS. Piece of advice Day 3 is the WORST! If you can push through it you will be great. I have had great success with it in the past and it is a great workout when you are limited on time.
  • EmmieCar86
    EmmieCar86 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I just bought it today! I'm finishing up my RevAbs DVD tomorrow. It was a 90 day program so I'm going to start 30DS on Friday as well!
  • lainaR23
    lainaR23 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I did the full month of 30DS a couple of years ago and loved it!!! I was really out of shape when I started and by the end was way toned up. I did three weeks at level one and then ten day at levels two and three. It would be so great for me to start it up again!
    Good luck, keep it up even when your sore you will be so happy you did!
  • moulinette92
    moulinette92 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have completed the 30 Day Shred and am now on Level 4 of Ripped in 30, which I started straight after.

The hardest day of the 30 Day Shred for me was Day 2. I hadn't done a proper workout in a long time and when I woke up after Day 1 I could barely walk. I almost considered taking a day off, but I pushed through Day 2 and Day 3 even though I was hobbling around afterwards. After that it was smooth sailing and I never skipped a day and did it for 30 days straight. I had really great results. Good luck! :)
  • gigi_RN2013
    Options
    I just bought it today! I'm finishing up my RevAbs DVD tomorrow. It was a 90 day program so I'm going to start 30DS on Friday as well!

oooh, rev abs....is it just all ab workouts? was it fun/hard? did it work?!?
  • EmmieCar86
    EmmieCar86 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    RevAbs has cardio days along with strength training and weights but everything is suppose to be targeted towards your core. Yes, it definitely worked some for me. I lost almost two inches on my waist and am on the last hole on all my belts now! I'm gonna do a second round with heavier weights when I finish 30DS
  • oX_Vanessa_Xo
    Options
    Im on day 5! Though today is my rest day so I guess tomorrow is my day 5.

And yessss my thighs are sore so are my shoulders!