Any Rodeo Folks out there

Options
Hello Friends,

I have been on MFP for awhile. I am looking for others who travel and rodeo (either pro or casual). My biggest struggle is when on the road and now an ice chest is going to be a major priority in the horse trailer. Any one else struggle with this?

Replies

• Chase3cans
    Chase3cans Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hiya! I am a fellow barrel racer actively working on getting my health back :) Would love to swap ideas and motivation to stay on track.
  • Chase3cans
    Options
    For the ice box cooler suggestion for the trailer, have you ever looked at a portable cooler, one that plugs into your outlet in the vehicle? They are smaller but hold alot and will stay cool a long time even if unplugged for awhile, they are pretty handy :)
  • LifeChanged2000
    LifeChanged2000 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I will have to check them out. I have never owned an electric cooler but it sounds like something right up my alley. Then I can pack good snacks for my little person too. Thank you so much for the info :)
  • Chase3cans
    Options
    Your welcome :) You can find them at WalMart, Target, or usually any sporting goods/outdoors center, etc. We have to get a new one too, ours burnt out last Fall. With as much snow as we have in our state, we might be lucky to actually use one this year! LOL
  • krenelynch
    krenelynch Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Yep! Former (long, long ago) high school rodeo. Now team roping (trying anyway). Although I have to say now that I'm older the weather has to be just right for me to commit. Much time to it!
  • LifeChanged2000
    LifeChanged2000 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I am thinking about taking my portable BBQ also. Maybe make some foil packs and cook lunch / dinner at the grounds instead of leaving to eat. Do any of you do this too?
  • Chase3cans
    Options
    Yep for sure! way less expensive, and much better for you too :) My faves are cut up fruits and veggies to keep on hand always to grab if in a rush, next favorite is a build your own sandwich bar. Bringing a grill along is a great idea! Breakfast burritos done on the grill! Mmm :)