Quick easy healthy meal suggestions?

Options
I am looking for quick, easy, HEALTHY (low fat, low calorie) meal suggestions. I am going grocery shopping later and want to pick up some "staples"... I mainly eat boca burgers, seafood, potatoes, brown rice, whole grain pasta, veggies and fruit. Any new ideas? thanks! xo

Replies

• CarlGleave
    CarlGleave Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    CHICKEN BREAST WITH SIDE OF THE VERY TASTY EVERYONES FAV SALAD!!!!

I also eat on a sunday chicken breast with a piled plate of boiled veg and a small amount of gravy really filling and makes you feel like you have had a nice sunday dinner
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    How about:
    Ingredients for 6 vegeburgers:
    • Carrots, raw, 1.5 cup, chopped
    • *Kelloggs Cornflakes (176g) (2 cups crushed)
    • Egg, fresh, 2 large
    • Celery, raw, 1/4th cup, diced
    • Onions, raw, 1 tbsp chopped
    • Salt, 1/2 tsp
    • Granulated Sugar, 1/4th tsp
    • *Black Pepper (Ground), 1/8th tsp
    • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (but I figure half of this will still be in the skillet after they are all cooked)
    • Hamburger buns (not counted in the calories)
    Directions
    1. Place carrots in a saucepan with a small amount of water.
    2. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until tender; drain.
    3. In a bowl, combine carrots, cornflakes, eggs, celery, onion, salt, sugar and pepper; mix well. Form into six patties.
    4. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook patties for 3 minutes on each side or until browned.
    5. Serve on buns if desired.

Calories: 169.2
    Fat: 4.4g, Sat fat: 2.3, Poly fat 0.3; Mono fat 0.6, cholesterol 70.8
    Sodium 262, Potassium 139
    Carbs 28.4, Fiber 1.9, Sugar 4
    Protien 4.5
    Vit A 79.3%, Vit C 3.9, Calcium 2.1, Iron 2.0
  • sophieshaped
    sophieshaped Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    One of my favourite fail-safes is a kind of pea mash by Jamie Oliver - boil some peas and baby broad beans, or maybe some soya beans, in some stock. When they're done, drain them and blitz them up with some pinenuts, some lemon zest, capers, whatever you like, maybe some pecorino cheese and olive oil if you have the cals. Then you can serve it with a nice bit of grilled fish, or king prawns, or on some rye bread. It's great as pretty much all the ingredients can be in the freezer and cupboard already!
  • leanlindajean
    Options
    Thanks everyone... great ideas!
  • iwannawearatutu
    iwannawearatutu Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    One of my quick and easy staples is Gorton's grilled fillets. 100 calories, good in the microwave (though better in the oven), and very tasty! I also absolutely SWEAR by fat free refried beans. Tastes exactly like the non fat free but SO healthy! We have it with something grilled on the Foreman as our lunch almost every single day.