body measurements

Options
Ok So I know where and how to measure through the torso. But my question is for women what kind of ratio (I don' t know what word to use) should you have from chest, waist, hips? I know everyone is different but I want to set some goals for myself but I don't know how to go about doing that. Any suggestions on websites that could help me out? Everything I search either tells me where to measure or how to use the tape or what people's current measurements are.

I feel like it's easier to set a goal weight because of height/weight deal but a toned person at say 150 looks may measure different than a couch potato (myself previously) at the same height. Am I even making any sense?

Replies

• ncthomas09
    ncthomas09 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Anyone? Or do I just not make enough since as to what I am trying to say?
  • lklkl5
    lklkl5 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I would try to determine your body type and then go from there. There are websites online that will help you.
  • ncthomas09
    ncthomas09 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    That's where I'm getting lost. I keep searching and I find sites to determine my BMI and all that but not much to figure out how to set my goals. One site said I'm banana shaped whatever that means but when it showed me the sillouette it looks nothing like my body does, I think I look more pear shaped. Then another one had me enter my height and waist measurement and just told me I'm slender and healthy.

I have a 34 bra band, waist is 31 and hips are 37....my tummy needs toned which I am working on so I know my measurements will change some once I start toning, but like I said I don't know what I should shoot for. The rest of my body (arms and legs) I kinda just plan to go with the flow....