Mexican Tomorrow Night...

Options
We are celebrating Matt's 22nd birthday tomorrow and he requested Mexican... I want to go and enjoy myself but not totally kill my day calorie wise. Any ideas on what I can have?

Thanks!

Replies

• aliceofwonderland
    Options
    If they have it, try a taco salad with the cheese/ sour cream/ guacamole on the side. That way, you get extra veggies and no tortilla or taco shell and you cam decide how much of the fatty stuff you want :) but guacamole's not so bad because avocadoes have good fats :)
  • TracieJ65
    TracieJ65 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Well we just did that tonight for our daughter's 21st! I spent all day worried about what I was going to do because I wanted to semi enjoy myself without ruining my day. I settled on a grilled shrimp taco salad! No sour cream, no guacamole, no pico, no beans. I ended up with the shell, about 10 large grilled shrimp, lettuce, tomato,onion, pepper, and nacho cheese on the side so I could control it. I ate everything on the inside and about half of the shell, and about 2 Tbsp of nacho cheese. I think the calories are kind of high as I put everything in individually and as fast food plus I didn't put it as only half the shell but I ended using aout 650 calories putting it in that way.
  • turboandrea
    turboandrea Posts: 108
    Options
    Rice and beans. Go for black beans, wheat tortillas, (though you should try and avoid taco shells, chips, etc) low-fat cheeses and veggies. Lots of veggies! I usually get a taco salad with just the chicken, low-fat cheese on the side (so you can control the portion), tomatoes, NO SHELL and no dressing. I use salsa as a dressing and it creates a really nice fix for my Mexican cravings.