Starting insanity!

Options
On day 3 of insanity, anyone want to join me? I'm stretching week 1 over 2 weeks because my muscles can't hack it and I have a job where I'm on my feet all day so I can't afford to be crippled! All welcome if you want to start this week or if you're starting month 2! Great to have some support and hear how people are getting along!

Replies

• Sherriediva1
    Sherriediva1 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I am on day 9!! I sit at a desk and get up occasionally so I am doing them every day. I can't keep up with Shaun T but I do keep my heart rate up high ( I have a HRM). I already feel better. I also have Martial Arts classes 2x a week but I don't skip. I have to baby my muscles (Icy Hot, take hot baths to soothe those muscles and do LOTS of extra stretches). I started while still healing from a grade 1 calf strain so I tone it down on the high calf intensity exercises. Not giving up though!!
  • wocko6092
    wocko6092 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I completed day 5 of the program and i cant believe how intense this workout is, plus you will love cardio recovery on day 4 it feels good. This is my first time doing this work out and i hope with this workout and my kung fu classes i should start seeing some big results
  • RedfishGuy
    RedfishGuy Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I've done this workout several times before, this time around I'm on Week 4. I do it 5 days in a row, take the weekends off, and skip the recovery day (I've never gotten much from the Recovery vid, but that's just me).

Next week is Recovery Week; I going to substitute the Core Cardio-Something vid with Max Interval Sports Training for the week.

The soreness will go away after the first week.
  • meanitthistime
    Options
    Day One here!! I started last night and I really need encouragement. So much cardio. I've tried Jillian Michaels before and loved it - just not enough to stick with it, which is the story of my dieting life. Insanity is different. I don't get the soreness I get with Jillian, but I definitely feel it once I'm done. I just pray that I can stick with it. I'm going to finish out the week, but, unfortunately, I'm going out of town this weekend so I won't be able to continue until Monday night. I just hope the resting period won't throw me off.
  • goalss4nika
    goalss4nika Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I just got my insanity today. I WILL be starting it TONIGHT! I am ready for the burn. Anyone who is participating PLEASE ADD me. I am unsure of where this journey will take me, but I am ready for the fight.
  • goalss4nika
    goalss4nika Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Day One here!! I started last night and I really need encouragement. So much cardio. I've tried Jillian Michaels before and loved it - just not enough to stick with it, which is the story of my dieting life. Insanity is different. I don't get the soreness I get with Jillian, but I definitely feel it once I'm done. I just pray that I can stick with it. I'm going to finish out the week, but, unfortunately, I'm going out of town this weekend so I won't be able to continue until Monday night. I just hope the resting period won't throw me off.

You will stick to it! Im starting tonight lets do it girl :happy:
  • jlanderson_12
    jlanderson_12 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I am on day three! I am little sore but still excited. I took a hot shower last night and another one this morning. My sister and I are doing it together but she is all the way in TX. :tongue:

Yesterday was Cardio Circuit
    45 min = 484 Calories Burned
    Starting Weight = 143.2
    Today's Weight = 142
  • LJP1982
    LJP1982 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I finish my second round on May 5. It's a life changing program!! I'm kind of addicted :) Anyway, after round 1, day 1, I could hardly walk, but after the first week I wasn't sore any more. Make sure you're doing something for muscle recovery after the workouts. Good luck!
  • samanthagreen3
    samanthagreen3 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips guys! I'm feeling sore but nothing I can't push past! If I feel okay in the morning, I might just go for day 4!!
  • jlanderson_12
    jlanderson_12 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    My calves hurt like crazy until I started day three. I just finished and once I calmed down and caught my breath, I actually feel better and my muscles are loose. Getting ready to have my after work out snack :drinker:

Cardio Power & Resistance Day three done!

Calories burned = 410
    Average HR = 154

Woop Woop
  • CoachColin
    Options
    Added everyone. I'm doing a P90X Insanity Hybrid where I do Insanity 2-3 days a week. I like Insanity alot it just doesn't totally fit my needs as I'm trying to gain muscle mass primarily at the moment.
  • Karri_Lynn
    Options
    I have done the P90X/insanity hybrid- and loved it!! I am currently doing the p90X2/ insanity asylum hybrid now!
  • mzbrentzel
    Options
    I am on Day 10 (finished Day 10 this morning). I have never made it past Day 12 so I will be so happy to break through that mental wall in just a few days. Insanity is crazy hard but I love the sweat and challenge. I cannot do every single move at his intensity but I just modify where I need to. I usually do Insanity in the mornings and then run a few miles on my lunch at work but the last 2 days my calves/shins have been really sore so I am cutting back on the running...finishing Insanity is my priority. Day 13 here I come :)
  • wocko6092
    Options
    I just finished day 6 and burning 820 calories doing 40 minutes of insanity plyometric cardio circuit is completely crazy
  • suzirooke
    Options
    Did Day 10 yesterday and I would love to say that I am loving it but MY GOD it is hard. I love the feeling once I have done it but it isn't getting any easier at the moment.

I am going to the gym on my day off and doing 2 runs also just to keep that going.

When did people start seeing results with Insanity?
    I would love it if I could see my body changing in a few weeks. It would spur me on even more :)
  • Josee76
    Josee76 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 6 and burning 820 calories doing 40 minutes of insanity plyometric cardio circuit is completely crazy

Wait till you get to Month 2! The workouts are 60 min! I am on day 45! Max plyo today for me!
  • rebeccag74
    Options
    L-Glutamine will help with soreness and muscle recovery quicker (I like to combine it with my protein shakes and BCAA). Also, constantly stretching those muscles will help keep the build up of lactic acid down. Keep going! Ya'll are doing great!
  • wocko6092
    Options

Wait till you get to Month 2! The workouts are 60 min! I am on day 45! Max plyo today for me!

Well i shall look forward to that and at least its good training for my spartan race coming up
  • kotersmom
    kotersmom Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    On Day 3!
  • vmb46
    vmb46 Posts: 27
    Options
    I started last week but could only get through three workouts that week. I began again this week with the hope of getting in four workouts. It looks like I will make it. Then I plan just to start over again next week from the beginning and do the workouts as scheduled. I went from sedentary to insane and it was way too much for me lol. Please anyone that's doing the videos add me if you wish