Shaklee

Options
Has anyone used Shaklee products? I am trying to figure out if they are worth trying or if they are just a fad.

Replies

• ChrisLindsay9
    ChrisLindsay9 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I don't know about the quality of products, but the corporation is a multi-level marketing company (like Herbalife, for example). Many people, including myself, generally stay away from those kinds of firms and their products for that reason.
  • bagsrpacked
    Options
    Shaklee's protein shakes (not sure what they're called as I am currently out and won't "join" or autoship - I just call my friend and she gets them for me) are very, very good - well balanced nutritionally and tasty! I also use Shakeology (Beachbody) and Usana - and, yes, all three are "multi-level" companies - but their products taste good, are convenient, and they work - so if you're thinking about trying it, ask your rep if she has a sample you can try - most do - and then, if you like it, order it. Good luck.
  • Merci444
    Merci444 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I don't know about the quality of products, but the corporation is a multi-level marketing company (like Herbalife, for example). Many people, including myself, generally stay away from those kinds of firms and their products for that reason.
    Shaklee has been around well over 50 years (maybe even 100, but I know it is a very reputable company,) and they have excellent products. I use many of them. They are not a fad at all. Check out the studies that I am sure you can find in their catalog or on their website.

I have stopped using some of the things because they contain soy, but they have excellent products. I don't tend to discount things just because of how they choose to market their products, it's marketing.

I will mention though that I did have good success years ago with Shaklee's weight management line and found the shakes yummy. I am currently using Shakeology (but of course it must suck because of the way it is marketed,) I like the results I am getting and it is sustainable (but that is just me.)
  • jessiwebb
    jessiwebb Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    My grandma sells Shaklee products; has done for 30+ years. She swears by them and because of that, I took Shaklee products a lot when I was competitive swimming. The protein and the shakes are amazing - best healthy shakes I've ever had in my life.
  • TinaWarriorWithin
    TinaWarriorWithin Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It's not a fad. Shaklee has been providing sound nutrition for 50+ years. I've use them for the past 4 years and love them! I've tried plenty of other shakes but they were built for bodybuilding and men. Shaklee's taste so much better, are very nutritional sound, gluten free and LOW GLYCEMIC LEVEL, which is hard to determine with other shakes especially made for athletes who need a higher carb ratio for workout replenishment. Shaklee 180 smoothies are made for weight loss and they have third party study to prove it's power. I have lost 30 lbs and maintained my weight since then. I am aiming for another 10 lbs right now. The shakes work great for me. I'm not a morning person so I shake one up with milk in a cup and drink in on the drive to work or right after a morning workout.
  • erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    It is a shake, whatever nutrition claims they want to make they aren't magic or anything. Mostly they operate under the premise of calorie reduction, you are replacing a meal with a shake for less calories. What you are really paying for is convenience and packaging. The questions you may want to ask yourself are: What is the cost to benefit ratio of these for me and is this sustainable in the long term for me. You could quite easily make your own shakes with things like protein powder or Greek yogurt and your own fruits and vegetables. Those things of course take time and planning but will be much cheaper in the long run. Also, are you going to buy these things and use them for the rest of your life. The same strategies you use to attain your goals are going to be the same strategies you'll need to maintain those goals.
  • cyborgtrio
    Options
    Shaklee products are always SAFE they always WORK and they are always GREEN. They have been a company for 56 years.

59 Olympians training SPECIFICALLY on Shaklee products have won GOLD MEALS at the Olympics.
    Dr Shaklee INVENTED the mineralized Vitamin. Did you read that? Read it again!
    Shaklee is the first company in the WORLD.. To go 100% Carbon Neutral.
    He also invented PROTEIN POWDER!
    He also invented the first ORGANIC BIODEGRADABLE CLEANER IN 1960!!!
    The list goes on.

Shaklee is the real deal. End of story. My parents and I have been using the products for 20+ years. Want more info? Go to:

http://nature.myshaklee.com
    http://missiontohealth.com
  • paulamcampbell
    Options
    They are very good. I didn't know they were still around. My folks used to sell them, so I know a lot from trying the supplements myself.:smile:
  • LittleSister
    LittleSister Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    How fun to find a Shaklee thread in here! I tried Shaklee a loooong time ago and really liked the products. I kind of forgot about them until a few weeks ago when I met a woman in her 70's with so much energy - she ran for public office twice, she does public speaking, and she swears Shaklee helped her conquer cancer. She's a director. Anyway, I just ordered some of the smoothee mix from her website and it arrived yesterday. I'm sipping it now. I must say it tastes better than the Vega One drink mix I was using. I'll probably use Vega One too, since it costs about half as much. I also ordered the snack bars and meal replacement bars. I can't give up real food, but these things help fill in gaps and keep me from ordering pizza.
  • reneek21
    reneek21 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You should go to a Shaklee demonstration- I was hooked afterwards.
    And, yes, I think they are better then drugstore.
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    It is a shake, whatever nutrition claims they want to make they aren't magic or anything. Mostly they operate under the premise of calorie reduction, you are replacing a meal with a shake for less calories. What you are really paying for is convenience and packaging. The questions you may want to ask yourself are: What is the cost to benefit ratio of these for me and is this sustainable in the long term for me. You could quite easily make your own shakes with things like protein powder or Greek yogurt and your own fruits and vegetables. Those things of course take time and planning but will be much cheaper in the long run. Also, are you going to buy these things and use them for the rest of your life. The same strategies you use to attain your goals are going to be the same strategies you'll need to maintain those goals.

So true.