Lost 2.5 and donated blood yesterday need suggestions

Options
Hello everyone"

I have been on 900-1000 calorie diet ( i knw this is very low) for last 9 days and 30-40 mins stepper or treadmill . Yesterday i donated blood for an accident. I am 85.5 kgs and 26 yr old i need to lose more than 20 kgs. Can anyone tell me what food should i eat to keep my diet on and still produce blood.

Thank everyone :)

Replies

• jellybeanmusic
    jellybeanmusic Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    You've already answered your own question. Why are you following such a low calorie diet if you know it's too low? Eat more, you will be far healthier for it!
  • Beavergong
    Beavergong Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I always eat spinach from the garden before and after I give blood to help my iron levels.
  • 13tea
    13tea Posts: 55
    Options
    With that low of a calorie count and giving blood, please be careful. You could pass out from low blood sugar while driving etc... Just up your calorie count even by 200. It's healthier, you'll still loose weight, and you won't have a fluxation in blood sugar. You need to eat sensably to loose weight.
  • Patovader
    Patovader Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I donate blood 3 times a year, you need to increase your calories by around 600 at least when you donate as that's approximately how many calories your body burns reproducing the donated blood. You should also always try and eat around your BMR, it will be far better for you in the long run to lose weight gradually.

Good luck :)
  • shahimakeka
    shahimakeka Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks a lot everyone for your advices :))