Any advice would be good! :) PLEASE

Options
I was wondering if anyone could help put me on a diet plan to help me lose this last stuborn 5kgs. I do cardio and weight training 5days a week. It would be good if I could lose this weight but not lose muscle too? any supps out there that actually work or should I just stick with exercise and diet? Any type of advice would be awesome I'm going to try update my progress everyday :)

Replies

• VanCityFit
    VanCityFit Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Don't look for some secret supplement because you won't find it. Stick with weight training and the. Do your cardio after you train with weights. The more muscle you have the more fat you will burn.
  • BluePHX
    BluePHX Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    What's your daily calorie intake?
  • jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    simple, if you want to keep muscle then your body needs to believe that you use it. Eat at a modest deficiet, do strentgth training and this is the real kicker.................be patient.
  • brit_ks_89
    brit_ks_89 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    EAT THAT PROTEIN - YOU WONT LOST MUSCLE , i havent lost any - even fact they keep growing ! hahhahah : )
  • youmadbrah123
    Options
    I try to eat between 1200 - 1400 calories a day :) and ive lost around 10kg doing that but now for weeks I haven't lost a pound ! :(
  • brit_ks_89
    Options
    I try to eat between 1200 - 1400 calories a day :) and ive lost around 10kg doing that but now for weeks I haven't lost a pound ! :(

you need to eat your exercise calories back
  • jdad1
    Options

You need to eat more. Calculate your BMR and TDEE.

http://thefitgirls.com/tdee-calculator.aspx
  • BluePHX
    Options

No you don't! If you feel ridiculously hungry then it's a good idea but if your normal cal range fills you up, you don't need to worry about this.
  • BluePHX
    Options
    On the flip side though, 1200-1400 is a little low. Do you know what your BMR is? You can calculate it with the BMR calculator in the APPS tap ^up there. You gotta eat at least that every day if you wanna lose weight. Otherwise you'll just store because your body needs more food.
  • jdad1
    Options

No you don't! If you feel ridiculously hungry then it's a good idea but if your normal cal range fills you up, you don't need to worry about this.

The calculated calorie burn n here is generelly high. So eating back all the calories it gives is likely to be to much. That is why it is reccomended by so many to calculate BMR and TDEE and go that route.
  • brit_ks_89
    Options

The calculated calorie burn n here is generelly high. So eating back all the calories it gives is likely to be to much. That is why it is reccomended by so many to calculate BMR and TDEE and go that route.

or you can get a hrm and track it yourself ..
  • youmadbrah123
    Options
    Thanks for all the responses ! :) My bmi is exactly 25.0 so just on overweight.. How much exercise and calories should I have each day to lose these last 5kgs? Any tips? :) As soon as I've burnt all this fat I'm planing to start properly building muscle :)
  • jdad1
    Options
    Thanks for all the responses ! :) My bmi is exactly 25.0 so just on overweight.. How much exercise and calories should I have each day to lose these last 5kgs? Any tips? :) As soon as I've burnt all this fat I'm planing to start properly building muscle :)

No one can give you this answer exactly. It is an individulized journey. Just keep on kepping on. Eat correctly and it will work eventuelly.

Correctly=enough
  • youmadbrah123
    Options
    alright bro
  • Alpina483
    Alpina483 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    As soon as I've burnt all this fat I'm planing to start properly building muscle :)

I'm not an expert, but this does not sound like a good idea. Maybe start on the muscle now and it will help with losing the fat, too? 5 kg of fat with a healthy amount of muscle is much better than 2 kg of fat with skin and bones. Ever heard the expression 'skinny fat'?
  • youmadbrah123
    Options
    Yeah I do alot a weight training now :) but going to properly start when I lose this fat because its easier to build muscle when your only focusing on that not your fat too (Well my opinion) haha
  • jdad1
    Options
    As soon as I've burnt all this fat I'm planing to start properly building muscle :)

I'm not an expert, but this does not sound like a good idea. Maybe start on the muscle now and it will help with losing the fat, too? 5 kg of fat with a healthy amount of muscle is much better than 2 kg of fat with skin and bones. Ever heard the expression 'skinny fat'?

This is correct. If a person does not eat enough then the body will store fat as it's main source of reserve energy and weight lose would be greatly muscle loss. Eating at a modest calorie deficiet and working out tells the body two things.
    1. Your body will get plenty of energy from food so it does not need to hold on to fat.
    2. your body needs muscle to maintain the lifting it has to do so it will keep it.

The human body is exactly what it has to be for each and every one of us.
  • youmadbrah123
    Options
    Yeah. I was wondering how much someone with a 25.0 bmi could eat without gaining weight?