6 week Challenge...

Options
I am starting a six week challenge doing slim in six! Starting Today!

So here it goes-
Take before pics and or measurements
Include starting weight
Weekly weigh in(optional) Every Wednesday
Weekly progress reports. including what you did/how you ate
Updating each other on progress
Share goals, eating regime and up&downs
Then week six we can share pictures and or measurements! (the fun part)
So Who's in?
Everyone participating please introduce yourselves, I'll go first!

I'm Marie my SW is 220.
My start date is 4/24
I intend on working out 6 days per week(Sundays off)
I will be counting calories and mostly clean eating
I am here for motivation and support on both ends

Replies

• hellothere1212
    Options
    ohh that sounds great! what is slim in 6?
  • deemartin2
    deemartin2 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm Dee :)
    My start date is 4/24
    My SW is 143
    My goal is to workout 7 days a week (some days easier than others of course)
    I also plan to calorie count and eat as clean as possible.
    I really interested to see how things go considering this is a relatively short term goal, Bon Chance! Good Luck!
  • marieskee
    marieskee Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    It's a 6 week workout dvd program and according to the website one can

Reshape your body in 6 weeks.

Whether you want to fit into that dress for an upcoming event or you just want to finally lose the weight you’ve gained over the years, Debbie Siebers can help you do it in 6 weeks. Debbie’s Slim Training® technique combines fat-burning cardio with light resistance moves to help slim and sculpt your body without bulking you up. Flatten and tone your abs, slim your hips and thighs, and firm and lift your butt.

Edit:The reviews are mixed, some say it will get boring fast-that's why the challenge is in place.
  • cvg1973
    cvg1973 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Im in---

starting weight 216 lbs
    counting calories (zig zaging) 3 days at 25% less my maintance and 1 day at 10% below my maintance calorie
    Im eating clean as much as I can--aiming for 90/10
    started yesterday Les Mills combat workouts and walking and playing with my son
    good luck everybody---

LETS GET IT DONE
  • marieskee
    Options
    Day one. So far so good!
  • deemartin2
    Options
    Day 1:
    Did an official weigh in today just so I know exactly where I started at, -142.8. Also, ran a mile today in just under 10mins. Now I'm off to work. Bon Chance, Good Luck everyone!
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    It's a 6 week workout dvd program and according to the website one can

Reshape your body in 6 weeks.

Whether you want to fit into that dress for an upcoming event or you just want to finally lose the weight you’ve gained over the years, Debbie Siebers can help you do it in 6 weeks. Debbie’s Slim Training® technique combines fat-burning cardio with light resistance moves to help slim and sculpt your body without bulking you up. Flatten and tone your abs, slim your hips and thighs, and firm and lift your butt.

Edit:The reviews are mixed, some say it will get boring fast-that's why the challenge is in place.

Just to be that person: Women will NOT get bulky from lifting heavy, we don't have the testosterone for it. Don't be afraid of heavy weights if you really want to reshape your body.

ETA: Read about Staci - http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/
  • marieskee
    Options
    Day 1:
    Did an official weigh in today just so I know exactly where I started at, -142.8. Also, ran a mile today in just under 10mins. Now I'm off to work. Bon Chance, Good Luck everyone!

Wow that's awesome! WTG!
  • marieskee
    Options
    I just finished slim in 6 start it up day two! I took before pics and measurements! I have 3 rows of back fat rolls, that was news to me! Anyway, I had a great first day and I will commit to this 6 week challenge.
  • cvg1973
    cvg1973 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    did Les Mills Combat 45 day 3--- Eating was good--
  • bethlang26
    bethlang26 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Im In - go on holiday in 7 weeks so this is great for me, and then my last week will be a super strict detox concentrating on lots of weights =)

I'm aiming for cardio 4 times a week and weights 3 times - but 2 days off a week, so two night il do cardio and weights mix =)

Not entirely sure of my stats but something like

148 lb
    5 foot 7
    29' W
    37' H
    22' Th

At work at mo but will post pics later.

I'm doing Aqua Running tonight which is the best fat burning exercise you can do apparently - burns >1000cals in 45 min!!
  • marieskee
    Options
    Day two was alright, I ate clean and about to workout! :tongue:
  • marieskee
    Options
    Im In - go on holiday in 7 weeks so this is great for me, and then my last week will be a super strict detox concentrating on lots of weights =)

I'm aiming for cardio 4 times a week and weights 3 times - but 2 days off a week, so two night il do cardio and weights mix =)

Not entirely sure of my stats but something like

148 lb
    5 foot 7
    29' W
    37' H
    22' Th

At work at mo but will post pics later.

I'm doing Aqua Running tonight which is the best fat burning exercise you can do apparently - burns >1000cals in 45 min!!

Welcome!
  • marieskee
    Options
    Great day so far! I took before pics and they did not look good but they didn't look as bad as I thought!
    I have been eating well and I am still sticking to this challenge. Time is going so fast!
  • marieskee
    Options
    I just stepped on a scale(first time in 2 years) the number was alarming 250 not 220 :explode: !!! I am in awe at this. This was just what I needed to keep me going. I am upset but at least I know! I am going to have to workout way more.
  • deemartin2
    Options
    Sorry for the vanishing act, life got the better of me for a bit. But things are going well so far. I ran a mile faster than I have in some years; 9:30. I was excited about that. I would post about progress I've made, but the fact is I don't know if I've made any since my last check in here. I have put my self on a scale and mirror restriction. But I will post any changes good or bad on May 15.
  • Steveburg123
    Options
    You guys are doing fantastic job. Keep on eating healthy foods and look smart. A discipline life is very much needed for this kind of work. All the very best!!!!!!!