Body Fat Percentage Stays.

alisont91
alisont91 Posts: 54
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
So when I started this I was 153.5lbs and 38% body fat. I've been working out, keeping my calories right (most of the time) and I've definitely noticed when I put on my clothes and when I get on the scale. I'm down to 148lbs, however my body fat percentage remains. Actually it went up! I'm at 38.5% body fat now. What does that mean? Am I losing muscle weight? That doesn't seem right because of my working out.. I swim for 30 minutes 4 days a week. I don't think it's the scale because I use the same one each time. How could I lose 5lbs and gain body fat? HELP!

Replies

• lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    don"t worry about, it if your losing weight and your keeping your fat grams between 30 and 40 grams all that fat will come off and your percentage is so close, it could go either way you want lose body fat keep a close watch on the fat grams, swimming is great but do some aerobics and weight mix like the old firm tapes they really do work
  • Punktorian
    Punktorian Posts: 224 Member
    You can almost throw out formula estimations of body fat %. If you really want to know your body fat % use fat calipers or a more accurate test.
  • GregCrowder
    GregCrowder Posts: 29 Member
    Body Fat will fluctuate during the day. it is important to measure yourself consistently at the same time of day and under the same conditions. It can be effected dramatically by your hydration level. Suggest you only measure your weeight and body fat no more than once per week. Even more important is to be aware of how your clothes fit and how you feel. The numbers can be discouraging when the important outcome is feeling good about yourself.
  • alisont91
    alisont91 Posts: 54
    Thanks everyone! I'll try to find a different way to test the percent and also change up my work outs.
This discussion has been closed.