HELP: Need Motivation!!!

Options
Hi!! I am new to this site I am am looking for anyone who will friend me and be a motivation to me. I promise to be a motivator as well. I have tried and failed too many times, and I want this to be the last time. If anyone has any suggestions or tips, please feel free to throw them out to me. I am 31 yrs old and have 100.lbs to lose. I am starting slow at 30.lbs for now. Hope to hear from someone soon!! Thanks, and may we all be successful and blessed!! Here we go!!!

Replies

• my3apsons
    my3apsons Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I could also use someone to keep me motivated. I have over 100lbs to lose and this last year has been horrible. I lost my mother and ate everything in sight, gaining an additional 20lbs. I'm 41
  • royvor
    royvor Posts: 271
    Options
    Friend request sent. Lets foster motivation and reach our goals encouraging one another.
  • Healthynut31
    Healthynut31 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Thank you for responding!! I lost my dad to last year and it seems as if I have fallen into the same pattern of emotional eating. I want to add as many people as possible to help me get over this thing and defeat it. I am not sure how to make a public post since I am new here!! LOL!! I hope that you are successful and that your heart heals... @my3apsons
  • cheyjepp1
    Options
    First of all, congratulations on making the commitment to change yourself! It is a VERY hard road, but well worth it in the end!

The biggest help for me has been to limit my carbs to breakfast and lunch ONLY, cook at home (no take out except MAYBE once a week), and don't beat yourself up if you "mess up". We are all human and everyone caves. Take it day by day. I log in to this site every morning and plan my meals out for the day so I can make sure I don't go over calories. Then I work out and put in my exercise before I got to sleep. Why? Because I am afraid that if I put in my exercise during the day, I will say something to myself like "I have 500 extra calories I haven't used. ICE CREAM!" or something to that effect. This has proven to be very helpful to me.

Good luck!
  • Healthynut31
    Options
    Thanks royvor!!! Sounds like a plan to me!!
  • Healthynut31
    Options
    First of all, congratulations on making the commitment to change yourself! It is a VERY hard road, but well worth it in the end!

The biggest help for me has been to limit my carbs to breakfast and lunch ONLY, cook at home (no take out except MAYBE once a week), and don't beat yourself up if you "mess up". We are all human and everyone caves. Take it day by day. I log in to this site every morning and plan my meals out for the day so I can make sure I don't go over calories. Then I work out and put in my exercise before I got to sleep. Why? Because I am afraid that if I put in my exercise during the day, I will say something to myself like "I have 500 extra calories I haven't used. ICE CREAM!" or something to that effect. This has proven to be very helpful to me.

Good luck!
    Thank you so much!!! It means a lot to me to have someone care... even if they don't know you!!
  • beamteam4
    beamteam4 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You can add me
  • Healthynut31
    Options
    You can add me
    Thank you!! I need all the motivation i can get!!
  • vabniullga
    vabniullga Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Welcome! There are a lot of great people here who will motivate you! I would be happy to be friends and keep you motivated 'cuz I need that too :)
  • charlenequinn94
    Options
    Hi, I have been logging on for about 15 days now. I decided it was time for me to quit messing around and get active again. I hope to see myself get down to 180 lbs to start with. I know I started out at 248. The only day I have really planned out my food choices was the day last week when I went to the movies. I got to have my popcorn.
  • my3apsons
    my3apsons Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Then I work out and put in my exercise before I got to sleep. Why? Because I am afraid that if I put in my exercise during the day, I will say something to myself like "I have 500 extra calories I haven't used. ICE CREAM!" or something to that effect. This has proven to be very helpful to me.

That's good advice, I can see myself doing just that. I have been writing my food down first thing in the morning. If I have to add or change that's ok but at least I want to give myself some guideline for the day.
  • npeery
    npeery Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'll add you. My friends list is dead and I'm tired of talking to myself. :)
  • jkgillia
    jkgillia Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You know it's crazy- but I often get depressed about my weight and body image. I've been doing this on and off for two years now. But I woke up a few days ago and realized I've lost 40 lbs and saw that there are loads of great people having done far more. Seeing that it's possible is really great motivator to me. Stay patient and just keep trying.
  • mmeyerhoff87
    mmeyerhoff87 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I can use the motivation to, I've been dealing with a lot of stress lately and my healthy lifestyle has taken a backseat. Good luck.
  • James4784
    James4784 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Anyone feel free to add me too. I am looking to lose 69lb as my first milestone and always looking for people to support me and for me to support them :)
  • vickybloss
    Options
    Please I need motivation, trying to lose 2 stone. I just want to feel good about myself. Add me xxx
  • oldy76
    oldy76 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    You've come to the right place! I've lost 84lb and turned my life around completely from where it was heading. MFP is a part of my life now and I'm here every single day and never get tired of logging. I'm no longer trying to lose weight but am more than happy to support anybody that needs it. All the best. You can do this!!
    x
  • SweetpeaHu
    SweetpeaHu Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I've been on MFP for 1.5 months and lost 5lbs. Please feel free to add me. I'd love to help out if I can.
  • Healthynut31
    Options
    You've come to the right place! I've lost 84lb and turned my life around completely from where it was heading. MFP is a part of my life now and I'm here every single day and never get tired of logging. I'm no longer trying to lose weight but am more than happy to support anybody that needs it. All the best. You can do this!!
    x
    OMG!!! That is soooo motivating!! Congratulations.. I can only hope I am as successful as you are one day!!
  • Healthynut31
    Options
    Hi there,

I've been on MFP for 1.5 months and lost 5lbs. Please feel free to add me. I'd love to help out if I can.
    Thank You!!