can`t lose weight

Options
it seems no matter what I do I`m not losing weight and I gain 2 pounds, I have stayed at my current weight for 2 weeks now and I havent been over my calories and I have been trying really hard to eat back all my net calories, so I dont understand, should I not worry about it as I leave for holidays in 7 days and have fun and start over??? HELP:cry:

Replies

• ranchmimi
    ranchmimi Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Don't get discouraged -13 pounds since joining in Feb is great! I believe I am a good bit older than you, but there were many months when I did well to lose 1 or 2 pounds - but I lnew I was eating right so I kept it up and eventually I started losing again! Have a great vacation!
  • ranchmimi
    ranchmimi Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Don't get discouraged -13 pounds since joining in Feb is great! I believe I am a good bit older than you, but there were many months when I did well to lose 1 or 2 pounds - but I lnew I was eating right so I kept it up and eventually I started losing again! Have a great vacation!
  • MonicaT1972
    MonicaT1972 Posts: 512
    Options
    What are you eating. It might not the the calories holding you back so much as the types of foods your are eating.
  • boomerz12
    boomerz12 Posts: 140
    Options
    Don't worry. I went a while without losing any weight. It does happen I promise. You're body is getting used to what you're doing so try changing something up a bit.
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    I can’t speak for every woman over the age of 40-45, but the older I got, the more difficult I found it to lose weight. Ten years ago, I could eat what I wanted, pretty much, and simply do a little cardio to keep it in check. Not so much now, tho. I’m 48 and have REALLY had to make a serious commitment to myself to mix it up, learn as much as I could about things like TDEE, BMR, deficits, etc. and that has really made a huge difference.

That you have lost 13 pounds since February speaks volumes!
  • nationallazer
    Options
    thanks everyone got back from holidays and gain 6 pounds but happy to say after a week it was gone now back on track but very slow, but I will take it LOL