The Pants of Hope!

Options
cmw72
cmw72 Posts: 390 Member
I wound up having to go shopping today for some new clothes. We were a couple hours from home, and I had attempted to fish at this lake we were visiting for the afternoon. I didn't catch any fish, but I did manage to wind up wading out up to my waist in my street clothes. Since everybody wanted to go into town for dinner, I pretty much had no alternative but to buy new clothes in town.

Shopping for clothes used to be such a humiliating experience that I just never did it. Maybe once a year. Otherwise my wife would pick up pants or some shirts for me now or then, and my mother can be counted on to give me a few shirts at X-mas, but that's about it. Shopping was horrible because I literally had no options. I was lucky if I could find one style of pants that fits me, and maybe if I'm lucky, one or two shirts. I never cared about fashion, I just grabbed whatever was available in my size and got out of there.

When I started this ordeal back in January, I was a 4X shirt and 54's for the pants. Today I was able to put together an outfit (ok, pants and a shirt) that was considerably smaller.

I even took a picture ...

457f148c-1.jpg

Shirt size ... (drum roll please): 2X

I also found some 1X shirts in a different style that fit just as well as this 2X!

Pant size ... (more drumming): 42!

FOURTY-FREAKIN'-TWO!!! :noway: The pants were Levi's, which I haven't been able to find in my size in about a decade. And I bought them NOT because they were my only option ... but because I liked them the best!

My wife asked me if they were too tight, and I'll admit ... they did feel a bit snug on the two hour drive home. But, I explained to her that I had to buy them ... because these were the Pants of Hope!

We wound up subsequently going out to dinner, and I couldn't help but reflecting on how much that meant to me to be able to go buy clothes off the rack like a normal person. I almost felt like a thin person for minute. I could at least imagine myself being thin. It was such an odd feeling, but motivating! Of course ... moments later some dude walked in on me while I was taking pictures of myself in the bathroom and brought me back to reality. :blushing:

Edit:

Just for the sake of comparison, here's the "before" picture:

mebefore.jpg

Replies

• neady
    neady Posts: 5
    Options
    So inspiring - way to go!!:happy:
  • EightDMB
    EightDMB Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous! Congratulations!
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Absolutely amazing!
  • hkystar
    hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options
    thats awesome!
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing your wife has fallen in love with you---all over again! Have fun with life! :drinker: (water)
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!! i'm happy for you. I've been at this for 2 weeks, and haven't been loosing and just this morning i've found that i've gained 2lbs. So its nice to see that something works for people.
  • mA2rml
    mA2rml Posts: 14
    Options
    That is so AWESOME!!! I am sooooo happy for you!!!!!!
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    This is Wonderful!!! Congratulations!!! You are looking Fantastic!!! :D Keep up the Great Work!! :bigsmile:
  • Amber030583
    Amber030583 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Wow! So inspiring!

You are looking good!!!! Keep at it!!!!
  • LainMac
    LainMac Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the new wardrobe. I look forward to the part II of the story when you tell us that these new pants are now too loose.
  • Galathea
    Galathea Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    OMG, that's AWESOME You did so great on losing weight! That's a real inspiration!
  • lwilson34
    lwilson34 Posts: 1
    Options
    Wow! Keep up the good work. You look great! You certainly will be an inspiration to cheaters like me.
  • Peridotite
    Peridotite Posts: 66
    Options
    Way to Go!!!! I found your story very moving. I am so happy for you and keep up the good work!:happy:
  • Michaela722
    Options
    That is awesome!!! Congrats!
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Wow - that is great!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Sharont213
    Sharont213 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    YOU LOOK FABULOUS.. congratulations !!!! Way to go.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    :cry: great job man! So glad you had the moment too........sometimes we miss it.......the moment that says I CAN DO THIS!!

:heart: :heart: Jeannie

You look great!
  • HotMommy0609
    HotMommy0609 Posts: 224
    Options
    Awesome! Isn't it great to see you hard work paying off?
  • KrissyD70
    KrissyD70 Posts: 92
    Options
    Wow! Your story is so fabulous. And I must admit funny....The Pants of Hope...Good job. You look awesome.
  • phitme
    phitme Posts: 124
    Options
    You are definitely an inspiration. Congrats on such awesome progress. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!