only 90 calories left

Options
It's not gonna be a good weight loss day. It is only 7:40 am and I only have 90 calories left for the day. I was weak and stopped at Starbucks for banana bread and a white chocolate mocha followed by a dr. pepper. I hate it when I start a day like this.

Replies

• katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    have a fantastic workout then, and eat healthy the rest of the day, it will even out in the end
  • NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    First of all, it's only one day. It won't ruin your entire journey. Secondly, just be "good" the rest of the day. Eat well, and maybe get some exercise. We all make mistakes.
  • Maris_Swan
    Maris_Swan Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    you gotta meal-to-meal on this one. Just try make the rest of the day great. Drink lots of water and try to get a workout in!
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    What is your calorie goal? Seems like you should have more left over than that even with coffee and a pastry.
    Get in an excellent workout so you earn some more calories to eat!
  • littlemom1983
    littlemom1983 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    One day does not a lifestyle make... Take an extra 15 minutes to walk, do a few turns up and down the stairs, be as healthy as you can for the rest of the day, and carry on. It happens, it's called life. That is why it is not a diet, but being as healthy as you can be.
  • amyk0202
    amyk0202 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Do the best you can the rest of the day, try to get some exercise, & don't beat yourself up over it. Don't let it derail everything though. One of my bad habits was to say, "Well this day is shot, I might as well eat what I want" & then it would all get worse. Don't wail until tomorrow to start over. Start now. :smile:
  • AmberLee2012
    Options
    Have soup for lunch and dinner and get a work out in :)
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    What is your calorie goal? Seems like you should have more left over than that even with coffee and a pastry.

THIS!
  • Lysander666
    Lysander666 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Eat normally for the rest of the day and start again tomorrow.

Seriously, don't drink stuff like that. The calories are through the roof.
  • Armyantzzz
    Armyantzzz Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Make up for it in the gym!!:smile:
  • annp28
    annp28 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I think I will go work out at lunch. I have been losing and gaining the same 2 pounds for a month. I lose it during the week and gain it back on the weekend. It's frustrating that I allow this to happen. I will just have to keep at it and do the best i can. My calorie goal is 1200. It seems like if I go over that I gain.
  • saratf
    saratf Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Instead of dwelling on your morning, think of a plan for next time. Starbucks has their calorie counts online. Pick something out that will help you meet your goals the next time you go. I usually order the veggie breakfast sandwich and a skinny vanilla latte.
  • edack72
    edack72 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Forget about it , and learn from it, and don't do it again :smile: I have been in that position for sure due to a piece of chocolate peanut butter pie from chili's after learning it was like 700+ calories I realized wow it wasn't even really good!! You can do it !!!!
  • cfblais
    cfblais Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    We all have those times when we don't make the best choices for ourselves, just focus on your goal and don't let it discourage you. I would take this as an opportunity to ask yourself "why did I stop there and how could I have ordered differently to reduce the calories?" I know that if I don't keep healthy snacks in the car with me during my long commutes, I would never make it because every fast food drive-through would be calling my name. I have to make sure I eat a good breakfast before I leave and I pack all of the food and water I might need to get me through my day at home. Basically, I have to save me from myself because the temptations are just to great once I leave my house. Don't beat yourself up over it...it's a battle and one we have to fight day-by-day.
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    1200 is very low. You will probably be doing yourself some good by eating a bit more today.
  • dparent01
    dparent01 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Get a nice walk in ... but don't let your mind tell you that you have already blown your day. Just work on eating healthier the rest of the day. If you are consistently doing good, one day over your calories will not hurt. Also, if you are battling the same couple of pounds it may be time to up your calories. I had to do that and then the weight started coming off again. You don't want your body to think that you are starving it. Good luck and have a Happy Day!!
  • mylittletribe
    Options
    You've gotten lots of good advice already, so I won't repeat. I mostly just wanted to say... it happens, and don't beat yourself up!
  • palmerar
    palmerar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Get in an excellent workout so you earn some more calories to eat!

Grande White Chocolate Mocha= aprox 500 cals
    Starbucks Banana Walnut Bread= approx 500 cals
    Dr. Pepper= at least 250 cals

So if her goal is around 1400 a day that would leave close to 100 left

ADVICE: * Eat healthy, don't stress about it too much, go for a nice long walk or work out for alittle bit longer if possible. For next time, try pre-logging what you're thinking about getting and then see if it's worth it. You can get a tall skinny vanilla latte for 100 cals I think. Check the starbucks nutrition website for otions that fit within your lifestlye.
  • pennydreadful270
    pennydreadful270 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Jeez louise those do pack in the calories! You could go a lot lower on the mocha though, the highest you can get is the venti, whole milk, with cream -620 cals! However- tall, skim milk, no cream- 310 cals. That is a manageable treat.

I know you already know this but playing around with their calculator the difference is really apparent!

http://www.starbucks.com/menu/drinks/espresso/white-chocolate-mocha#size=148689&milk=63&whip=NA
  • kbailey374
    kbailey374 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    You've lost 15 lb so you know you can do it - and you didn't start over at square one. Don't be discouraged, eat "normal," and start over tomorrow. Be gentle w/ yourself.