Vegetarians -- breakfast + lunch?

Options
For the veggies on here, what do you usually eat for breakfast and lunch?

For ages, I was eating porridge and sandwiches/baked potatoes but I'm sick of these! Need some new ideas for healthy/balanced meals.

Replies

• FrankieTrailBlazer
    FrankieTrailBlazer Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    For lunch, how about huge fresh veggie salad with whatever is in season at your local market, including some combination of baby spinach, tomatoes, baby corn, cucumber, lightly steamed broccoli, lightly steamed sugar snap peas, red/green/yellow pepper, sweet onion, beets, etc covered in non-fat dressing such as yuzu or balsamic vinegar?
  • teeset
    teeset Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I had Linda Mcartney veggie sausages, potato rosti, poached egg and beans. Was really tasty!
  • alichristiana
    alichristiana Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    For lunch I often have something based on lentils, spelt, or bulgar wheat, keeps me full through the day!
  • Oiebruadar
    Options
    Scrambled eggs and veggie sausage with either fresh fruit or steamed vegetables is my default breakfast. I'll either do a piece of toast or a flour tortilla with that. Sometimes I'll splurge and make a small hash brown with salsa instead of ketchup to watch my sugar intake. You could also try greek yogurt topped with a low calorie breakfast cereal and some fruit.

Lunch for me is either dinner left overs or lots of steamed vegetables with a small bit of rice, I also like to mash cooked white beans with sauteed kale and spread that on some toast with a squeeze of lemon. Avocado and tomato toast with lots of freshly cracked black pepper is nice. If you are watching your carbs you could do a tofu and veggie stir fry without the rice, just add something crunchy like pickled radishes or water chestnuts. Vegetable sandwiches and wraps are also good and portable. Throw in a few marinated artichoke hearts or banana peppers and maybe a slice of provolone and you are good to go.
  • just_fur_luck
    just_fur_luck Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I used to try to eat porridge but every time I would set it out to cool it would disappear. A few days ago I finally figured it out. This little blonde chick was sneaking in and stealing it. I caught her in the act and had her arrested. She's in the can now and I can finally enjoy porridge again.
  • Sadedoes
    Sadedoes Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is home made bread with fromage frais and low sugar (no artificial sweeteners!) jam & a small glass of orange juice. Coffee if I feel like it / have time.

Lunch is sandwiches on the same home made bread with different fillings (spread cheese, veggie spreads, veggie cold cuts, sliced cheese) and some vegetables: either a mix of steamed carrot / broccoli / cauliflower, or cherry tomatoes, or a tomato - cucumber salad.
  • calculustiger
    Options
    For breakfast, you can make a huge veggie omelet with egg whites with less than 200 calories (or with normal eggs for more).
  • KateMq
    KateMq Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Hodgson mills oat bran poured over frozen blueberries. The heat melts them but they keep their texture and they add the right sweetness to the oat bran. I also put the recommended salt and some cinnamon in for taste while the oat bran is cooking. Incredibly filling and nutritious. Only about 125 calories. It's also what I snack on at night if I'm still hungry because I know it will curb the appetite.

Lunch: 110 g low fat yogurt, 100 g small pieces of cantaloupe, 25-30 g Lizi's granola. If you want more fiber have a Ryvita fruit crisp cracker whole grain.
  • aikilady
    aikilady Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Not a vegetarian, but don't eat many animal products so I'll chime in:

Multigrain Flat-out wrap filled with scrambled egg whites, chopped spinach and green peppers, with a cup of berries on the side and hot green tea is one of my favs.

or reg oatmeal made with unsweetened almond milk, a tablespoon of organic maple syrup plus some chopped apples, walnuts and cinnamon

Full-fat greek yogurt (plain of course) with blackberries and a tsp of agave nectar with some raw oats stirred in.

yummy! I'm hungry now :)