only 90 calories left

Options
2»

Replies

• love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    It's not gonna be a good weight loss day. It is only 7:40 am and I only have 90 calories left for the day. I was weak and stopped at Starbucks for banana bread and a white chocolate mocha followed by a dr. pepper. I hate it when I start a day like this.

That sounds like a whole 800 calories maximum. what's your calorie target?

looked it up...

banana bread = 490
    white chocolate mocha = 320 (grande, default preparation)
    dr. pepper 20 oz = 250

1060 + 90 = 1150. I'm going to guess your target is 1200. You should probably be eating more than that anyway.
  • annp28
    annp28 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    It calculates to 1110 calories and I only have 1200.
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I think I will go work out at lunch. I have been losing and gaining the same 2 pounds for a month. I lose it during the week and gain it back on the weekend. It's frustrating that I allow this to happen. I will just have to keep at it and do the best i can. My calorie goal is 1200. It seems like if I go over that I gain.

your working good most weekdays, but losing it on the weekends?
    make plans and get out of the house on weekends, even if its only to walk the mall, its still better than sitting 5 feet from the kitchen and all the temptations,
    and i reflect the same as far as calories left, then
    you need to workout/walk at lunch and walk as soon as you get home too, one meal cannot be allowed to ruin an entire DAY, and honestly, unless you're like me , and post gastric bypass, then you definately want to look into some of the other threads,
    you need to move that body, and fuel it better..
  • doin_it
    doin_it Posts: 414 Member
    Options

1200 is really low so you can afford to eat more...it is still early in the day. Lots of time to work some of it off. Get out there and get some exercise in and you will be just fine. It's only one day..you got this!
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options

You also say if you go over 1200 you gain, maybe you've slowed your metabolism by eating too low? Go to http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/ and enter your details and be honest with your activity levels, choose lose fat - 20% reduction and eat the calories it tells you to. you may see a slight gain for a few weeks but eventually it will even out and you will start losing (give any changes at least 8 weeks).
    Remember a normal healthy weight woman can maintain on 2000 calories so there is no reason why someone larger wouldn't lose weight eating this amount :flowerforyou:
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Something that helped me a lot on the weekends (besides geting activity in) is to not think of it as a day off. Yes it's a day off from work but I still need to eat healthy and we shouldn't take many days of from that. What actually did it for me the most is that I couldn't access MFP from my phone for a long time so I had to be careful in order to make sure I stayed within my calories. I knew what I ate Mon-Fri was safe so I stuck with the same breakfast, lunch and snack choices, had a "sensible" dinner and didnt' indulge just because the calendar said Saturday/Sunday.

As others have suggested, get some extra activity in, eat healthy, don't starve yourself for goodness sakes and most importantly, forgive yourself and learn from the mistakes. Also as other suggested, go to the Starbucks website and see how you could make better choices. Better yet, if you're hungry on the way to work a lot, find something you can keep in your car or your purse that's easy to eat and won't throw your calories out of whack like fruit or a snack/protein bar.

However, if you're a food sneaker and the car is your location of choice, please do try to break this habit. Obviously you did a brave thing by confessing but the other half of this is not doing it in the first place. It can be a tough habit to break (I say this from experience) but definitely worth it in the end.

You can do this!
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Instead of dwelling on your morning, think of a plan for next time. Starbucks has their calorie counts online. Pick something out that will help you meet your goals the next time you go. I usually order the veggie breakfast sandwich and a skinny vanilla latte.
    Agreed, instead of letting this get you down, use it as a learning experience. It's not about being "weak" vs "strong", or about will-power, it's about changing habits, and planning. What made you go into Starbucks in the first place? Habit? An impulse driven by stress? Feeling hungry and deprived? Figure out the reasons, and then take steps to prevent it happening again. Do whatever you need to do to make it easier for yourself.

What made you pick those particular items once you were in there? Maybe next time you could go for a "skinny" mocha, or a smaller size. Or, plan a visit when you have had a big workout and have the calories to spare. Check the nutrition on line before you go and plan what you're going to have,

Chances are you will see a gain from this - if only because it's all quite sugary, and carbs retain water. You're not going to gain pounds of fat from it. 1200 is very low - I don't know how tall or heavy you are, but with 70ish lbs still to lose (per your ticker) you should be able to eat a bit more and still lose. When you say that it seems you gain if you go over 1200 - have you tried sticking with a higher number for a few weeks to let any fluctuations settle down? Often people try to eat more, see a gain on the scale because of water weight, or just more food in their system, panic and drop the calories again immediately. You sometimes need to give it a few weeks to see what works.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options

You also say if you go over 1200 you gain, maybe you've slowed your metabolism by eating too low? Go to http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/ and enter your details and be honest with your activity levels, choose lose fat - 20% reduction and eat the calories it tells you to. you may see a slight gain for a few weeks but eventually it will even out and you will start losing (give any changes at least 8 weeks).
    Remember a normal healthy weight woman can maintain on 2000 calories so there is no reason why someone larger wouldn't lose weight eating this amount :flowerforyou:

Agreed. At ~110 pounds I lose on 1600 calories working out for an hour a day.
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    What is your calorie goal? Seems like you should have more left over than that even with coffee and a pastry.
    Get in an excellent workout so you earn some more calories to eat!

INdeed!!!!!