Nobody can sabotage you without your consent!

Options
I mean no disrespect, but I have to say that I get a little annoyed with all of the posts about people claiming that others are trying to sabotage them in their weight loss efforts.

Nobody can sabotage you without your consent!!!

The world is full of temptations and we all have had our ups and downs throughout this process. Cookies, cake, sweets, and other unhealthy foods are a part of life. People have unhealthy foods in their homes, they bring them to work gatherings, and serve them at family meals. It happens.

The fact of the matter is that we all have the ability to make our own choices. We can choose to say "no". We can choose to have a taste or we can even choose to just enjoy these foods on occasion (in moderation, of course!). Sure, there are absolutely unsupportive people in our lives, but they cannot impede your progress unless you allow them to. If they make snarky remarks, yes, they are absolutely jerks for doing so, but you have the ability to make the decision on how you choose to react to them. Do you let them get you down and be the cause for your eating an entire tub of ice cream? Or, do you use those comments as fuel and amp up your workout for the day? Changing your lifestyle is not for the weak, and you have to really want it and be dedicated to the process in order to make it happen. Keep your eye on the prize and don't allow others to keep you from achieving your goals.

It's YOUR body. It's YOUR life. It's YOUR choice.

Replies

• Thedij
    Thedij Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Amen!
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    Seriously. I hate the "sabotage" allegations..it's so absurd that an adult blames another for their lack of success.
  • shells1234
    shells1234 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Lol I agree my husband put an Oreo cookie to my lips the other day an I just shook my head no!! If I really want something like that I will save cals for it!!
  • _kannnd
    _kannnd Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Agreed
  • HotrodsGirl0107
    HotrodsGirl0107 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    So true! My husband routinely brings home donuts from a local shop. He always offers me one. He is not trying to sabatoge me because he wanted freakin donuts! I mean he has never held me down and forced me to eat a donut. Even if he offers me one it is just to be nice, he doesn't mean it in a nasty way. I usually just say no, I am a grown women and very capable of deciding what I want to eat. Temptation is everywhere and if you can't learn to say no to it it's your own fault if you can't be successful. I also hate when people insist the people they live with are horrible people because THEY won't stop buying junk food for THEMSELVES, like the whole world has to stop so you can lose weight...whatever lol!
  • kathymhardy
    kathymhardy Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Lol I agree my husband put an Oreo cookie to my lips the other day an I just shook my head no!! If I really want something like that I will save cals for it!!

So right!
  • kathymhardy
    kathymhardy Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    So true! My husband routinely brings home donuts from a local shop. He always offers me one. He is not trying to sabatoge me because he wanted freakin donuts! I mean he has never held me down and forced me to eat a donut. Even if he offers me one it is just to be nice, he doesn't mean it in a nasty way. I usually just say no, I am a grown women and very capable of deciding what I want to eat. Temptation is everywhere and if you can't learn to say no to it it's your own fault if you can't be successful. I also hate when people insist the people they live with are horrible people because THEY won't stop buying junk food for THEMSELVES, like the whole world has to stop so you can lose weight...whatever lol!

This too. My hubby will offer me something like a cream cake, but when I say no he never tries to persuade me otherwise. Anyway, that's another one for him to scoff, lol :laugh:
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I couldn't agree more!!
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Sabotage is carried out by someone on your own side, team, etc. The funny thing about calling what happens here "sabotage" is the assumption that your diet and lifestyle is a group or team effort, like anyone has the obligation to care about what you eat or do. The only way you can sabotage your diet or lifestyle is if you do it yourself.
  • doty0815
    doty0815 Posts: 68
    Options
    AGREED! Take responsiblitys for your own actions
  • marygee1951
    marygee1951 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    What you say is very true. I have to admit I get annoyed and angry with my SO because he often tries to "talk me into" joining him for a pastry or chocolate - and he keeps pushing it even after I say no several times. I've told him many times he's free to enjoy whatever he wants to, and it's ok to offer it to me, but when I say no he should just drop it. If I want it, I'll have it, but if I say no, please respect my decision. In the end though, it is my decision.
  • ChristinaR720
    ChristinaR720 Posts: 1,186
    Options

I completely agree! I also suspect that this may often be the case when other people offer you unhealthy foods. It could be their strange way of making sure you feel included, even though they know you don't actually want what they are offering.