Dress success!

Options
bviv89
bviv89 Posts: 36 Member
After squeezing into a size 16 last year (well, my boobs had to squeeze), I felt embarrassed about my size because I'd been a size smaller the year before.

Yesterday, I zipped up a size 12.

I WAS SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!

In January, I started leg and ab HIIT three times a week for 45 minutes, training for a 5K on the other days, weight training for my upper body, with one or two rest days. I aim for 1400 calories, eating back half or so.

Height: 5'8" medium to wide frame
SW: 220
Bust: 44
Waist: 35.7
Hips: 49

CW: 214
Bust: 43
Waist: 35
Hips: 44

Replies

• love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    what is leg and ab HIIT? HIIT usually refers to a cardiovascular workout so I'm a bit confused. Congratulations btw!
  • bviv89
    bviv89 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    what is leg and ab HIIT? HIIT usually refers to a cardiovascular workout so I'm a bit confused. Congratulations btw!

Basically what I am doing is faster reps of squats, jumping jacks, push ups, burpees, mountain climbers, tricep dips, step-ups (others) paired with sprints, walking planks, crunches, bicycles, and other ab stuff. I also do power yoga a couple of times a week.

It's kind of HIIT, I didn't know what else to call it!
  • Kreider86
    Kreider86 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    awww congratz! It always feels good to see those dress size numbers go down. I have that problem with the boobs too... they normally don't have much breathing room!
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options

Basically what I am doing is faster reps of squats, jumping jacks, push ups, burpees, mountain climbers, tricep dips, step-ups (others) paired with sprints, walking planks, crunches, bicycles, and other ab stuff. I also do power yoga a couple of times a week.

It's kind of HIIT, I didn't know what else to call it!

sounds more like circuit training.
  • sastrodder
    sastrodder Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!
  • adrienne_ut1
    adrienne_ut1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    That is great! I am also 5'8" and have similar measurements - I have been doing HIIT using the elliptical but have been reading that it can also be done with strength training and I'm interested in giving it a try. I meet with my trainer tomorrow and just may ask her about it..thanks for posting! Congrats, way to go :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!