Coffee Creamer for clean eaters?

Options
amyhoss
amyhoss Posts: 414 Member
Is there one? I am trying to "clean" up my diet but I can't give up my coffee cream. I know that almond milk is an option, but I don't really like it in my coffee, it's just not the same.

Replies

• pcon1212
    pcon1212 Posts: 22
    Options
    I like FF evaporated milk in my coffee.
  • TinaBean007
    TinaBean007 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I like to froth up skim milk with cinnamon. (Mini blender or just a container with a lid and shake, shake, shake)
  • jenniferrr127
    jenniferrr127 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I use unsweetened vanilla almond milk. 30 cals per CUP so this is going to be practically free cals in your coffee. :) I add 1 packet of stevia to sweeten. Love it.
  • RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    the brand So Delicious has a coconut milk creamer you could use
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Is there one? I am trying to "clean" up my diet but I can't give up my coffee cream. I know that almond milk is an option, but I don't really like it in my coffee, it's just not the same.

Almond milk is processed, so not clean. Clean eaters drink their coffee black, from beans they roast and grind themselves
  • Zumbanator
    Options
    Try coconut milk. It creamy and also has good fat. Some powdered coconut milk acts like coffee mate in coffee! But it is mostly fat so exercise caution. And it is delicious.
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Unless you have an allergy, why not use normal semi-skimmed milk?
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    This is one thing I don't give up... I use powdered non-dairy creamer. I still use white processed sugar too (GASP!). I have given up almost everything else processed but allow myself these little things in my life...
  • nestingdolz
    Options
    A good one is Rich's Coffee Rich Fat Free Non-Dairy Creamer. It is a liquid and you can find it in the freezer aisle. It lasts 3 weeks in frig. I tried it because I wanted a healthier creamer. It's pretty good but I am addicted to Coffee-Mate powder. :(
  • Tme2change
    Tme2change Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I've switched to organic half and half
  • amyhoss
    amyhoss Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the advice. I'll probably give all of these a try.
  • jaf320
    jaf320 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Half and half with a dash of vanilla extract (or caramel extract) is pretty good. The unsweetened almond coconut milk is okay too but probably has a bit of a thinner taste than what you're used to.

I have to say that I've kept my flavored creamers in my one cup of coffee a day - I know, I know, so bad. But honestly, I feel like my diet is pretty good overall and that I've got a lot of other healthy habits going on, so I'm pretty okay with it. I work it into my calories and it's not really a problem, other than with the MFP sugar allowance, which I think it super tiny anyway and not useful if you do eat healthy foods with natural sugars.
  • aikilady
    aikilady Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    a couple tablespoons of organic whole milk is delicious in coffee and as long as it fits in with your calorie budget is just fine. Enjoying some full-fat foods as part of a well-rounded diet helps keep you satiated, in my experience. :)