scared of flabby skin !!!

manipriscilla
manipriscilla Posts: 18 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
hey guys ...

I'm kinda freaked out here ... I just finished the first week of my weight lose program ... and i lost almost 6 pounds :huh: yeah my question is ... is it normal ?? i mean i eat and exercise well ... I only banned myself from chicken and rice ... instead i eat meat, fish, bread, beans ... etc

I'm worried cause i don't want flabby skin !!! i dunno how to get rid of it !!! :cry: I'm still 19 ... i don't want my body to look like i'm 60+ :sad:

Replies

• For me I had a handful of weeks the first 2 months where I would loose about 7lbs for the week. Now, nearly 4mos into my journey I am usually between 2 and 4 pounds per week. When I did weight watchers about 17 years ago (I was 14 at the time) it was very similar, where a lost a lot the first few weeks. That being said, I can say that my weight lose for me has been pretty uniform.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    hey guys ...

I'm kinda freaked out here ... I just finished the first week of my weight lose program ... and i lost almost 6 pounds :huh: yeah my question is ... is it normal ?? i mean i eat and exercise well ... I only banned myself from chicken and rice ... instead i eat meat, fish, bread, beans ... etc

I'm worried cause i don't want flabby skin !!! i dunno how to get rid of it !!! :cry: I'm still 19 ... i don't want my body to look like i'm 60+ :sad:
    Well for a first week weight in it's not unusual to have a larger loss, much if not all is typically water weight. It's not likely you'll continue to drop at that rate if you do you'll want to take a look at how you set your weight loss goals when you signed up.

Both Chicken and brown rice are very nutritious foods, there's no reason to give either one up unless you did it for allergy reasons or because you simply don't like those 2 foods. Cutting out simple carbs, excess breads, etc., would help more than cutting out protein and whole grain products. How are you doing on getting in veggies, fruits and plenty of water each day?

Being so young, it's a higher chance your skin will bounce back while you lose and after. Losing too fast does does not do that any favors so I can understand your concern.

Are you getting in your allotted cals and working out regularly? Losing 6lbs the first week is not unusual so no need to freak out:flowerforyou: it's likely from switching up to healthier foods that you're dropping water weight.

Good Luck on your journey:drinker:
    Becca
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    I've been scared of that too, since I'm only 23 and I would NEVER get surgery (it just terrifies me to think about surgery in general). But I've lost 45 pounds since I started with this and so far so good. There are a few factors that have to do with it.

First is genetics, some people have more elastic skin than others. Maybe if anyone in your family has lost a lot of weight, ask them if they had a problem. I talked to my mom, who dropped 70 pounds in the past few years and has been yo-yoing with weight since she was a teenager. She told me that when she lost weight at my age, her skin was fine (thank goodness!).

Also, the pace of weight loss does have an impact. 6 or 7 pounds the first week is common from losing water weight. However it'll slow down to a more normal pace. You should aim for 1-2 lbs a week. On occasion you might lose more, but slower is definitely better since your skin has more time to respond.

Last, use cocoa butter on your skin every day and it's supposed to help with stretch marks and keeping your skin elastic. I've been using it and my stretch marks are pretty much invisible now except for the side of my hips.
  • Familymom
    Familymom Posts: 2
    6# in a week! Way to go! You are definately doing something right. They say 1-2# is healthiest but if you had more to lose to start with then 6# might be fine. At 19 I wouldn't worry about the skin. You stll have plenty of estrogen and other hormones that wil accomodate over time.
This discussion has been closed.