Weight not budging.

Options
So my weight isn't moving, I've been on the scale twice in 3-4 weeks and it just hasn't budged its been down .2 and up .2. Shockingly I'm not overly depressed HA but I'm wanting suggestions?? I eat via the tdee method and I'm also a nursing mom. I lift 3-4 days a week and do insanity 4-5 days a week. I walk 3-4 days a week and run during some of those walks, my exercise hours average 5-9. I definitely get my fruits a vegetable servings in as well and met with w nutritionist who set up my macros.

Replies

• _kannnd
    _kannnd Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Can you share what your macros are? How many calories are you eating a day?
  • dinomomma
    dinomomma Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    50 carbs-
    25 fat-
    25 protein-
    Calories 2100
  • pleasetheswolegods
    Options
    I'm no expert on dieting or anything but how long have you been with your macros that low? Also, what the heck can you eat to even not go over those? Anyways, if you been on a plateau, something I would try is a refeed day. This basically just means spike your carbs up to about 200 one day, and that should help you get back on track. Like I said, I'm not an expert or anything just trying to help.
  • squatsandlipgloss
    squatsandlipgloss Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Up your protein, lower your carbs. You seem to lift a lot so you need protein. It definitely needs to be higher than your fats.
  • dinomomma
    Options
    I'm no expert on dieting or anything but how long have you been with your macros that low? Also, what the heck can you eat to even not go over those? Anyways, if you been on a plateau, something I would try is a refeed day. This basically just means spike your carbs up to about 200 one day, and that should help you get back on track. Like I said, I'm not an expert or anything just trying to help.
    That's the percentages :)
  • mk9562
    mk9562 Posts: 186
    Options
    Lower carbs, increase protein. I' changed mine to 40% carbs, 30% fat and 30% protein recently and broke my plateau
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    If you're not losing then you aren't in a deficit.

Make sure your calorie goal is reasonable and that you are measuring and logging as accurately and as honestly as possible.
  • erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    50 carbs-
    25 fat-
    25 protein-
    Calories 2100

For me at least, that would be way too many carbs and not enough protein.

Additionally, as a lactating women your body's physiological responses to changes in diet and exercise are going to be different from the averages.

How are you calculating your exercise burns? You exercise quite a bit so it may be that somewhere in there you are overestimating your TDEE. And how are you measuring your food?
  • dinomomma
    Options
    50 carbs-
    25 fat-
    25 protein-
    Calories 2100

Additionally, as a lactating women your body's physiological responses to changes in diet and exercise are going to be different from the averages.

How are you calculating your exercise burns? You exercise quite a bit so it may be that somewhere in there you are overestimating your TDEE. And how are you measuring your food?
    I used the fat to fit and scooby site to calculate my tdee. My nutritionist is who told me to set my macros at that. I use a food scale and cups/measuring spoons.
  • dinomomma
    Options

Make sure your calorie goal is reasonable and that you are measuring and logging as accurately and as honestly as possible.
    So I need to eat less?
  • dinomomma
    Options
    Lower carbs, increase protein. I' changed mine to 40% carbs, 30% fat and 30% protein recently and broke my plateau
    As a nursing mom?
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options

So I need to eat less?

Hard to say for sure based on so little information, but yes... that's where I'd start. Make sure you are logging accurately and honestly.

I will say that if you're breastfeeding then I assume you've recently had a baby... and I have no idea how those things may affect your hormones....
  • rebelate
    rebelate Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Are your nursing calories factored in? I always forget what you have your exercise set at, but I know you are basically a beast :love: If you don't have nursing factored in, I'd add that in, lower carbs, and up protein.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    Maybe you're not eating enough...breaatfeeding burns cals too. Is try upping it for a couple of weeks and see what happens.
  • dinomomma
    Options

So I need to eat less?

Hard to say for sure based on so little information, but yes... that's where I'd start. Make sure you are logging accurately and honestly.

I will say that if you're breastfeeding then I assume you've recently had a baby... and I have no idea how those things may affect your hormones....

What other info do you need?
  • dinomomma
    Options
    Maybe you're not eating enough...breaatfeeding burns cals too. Is try upping it for a couple of weeks and see what happens.
    That's what I'm wondering. I didn't add nursing calories to my tdee total
  • erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    50 carbs-
    25 fat-
    25 protein-
    Calories 2100

I used the fat to fit and scooby site to calculate my tdee. My nutritionist is who told me to set my macros at that. I use a food scale and cups/measuring spoons.

Yep, some of it you may be stuck with for a bit. As a nursing mom you get to be a special snowflake for a while :)

If you are measuring your food properly instead of guesstimating that really only leaves a couple of things. You are either overestimating how much energy you are burning or due to the metabolic stresses you are currently under your body is doing something weird with holding on to fat. If you think that your body and lactation would handle it, you might try a slightly larger deficit, maybe dropping down to 2000 calories, or you can try adding a bit to account for breastfeeding.

The other alternative is to maybe exercise less, adjust calories to suit that, and maybe put less stress and hormone issues into the mix. My inclination would be to say lessen cardio because you are already creating some "burn" by producing milk. You could also try changing your focus to building muscle instead of losing weight.
  • dinomomma
    Options
    50 carbs-
    25 fat-
    25 protein-
    Calories 2100

Yep, some of it you may be stuck with for a bit. As a nursing mom you get to be a special snowflake for a while :)

If you are measuring your food properly instead of guesstimating that really only leaves a couple of things. You are either overestimating how much energy you are burning or due to the metabolic stresses you are currently under your body is doing something weird with holding on to fat. If you think that your body and lactation would handle it, you might try a slightly larger deficit, maybe dropping down to 2000 calories, or you can try adding a bit to account for breastfeeding.

The other alternative is to maybe exercise less, adjust calories to suit that, and maybe put less stress and hormone issues into the mix. My inclination would be to say lessen cardio because you are already creating some "burn" by producing milk. You could also try changing your focus to building muscle instead of losing weight.
    I've been thinking about that lately, focusing on lifting more but I do enjoy cardio time as well. I'm ok with some staying till weaning but have 50-60 to lose still.