Options
what is your Favourite healthy low cal evening meal
If you can add the recipe so myself and others can enjoy it too, thanks:smile:

Replies

• Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shakshouka

I love to make shakshouka. It's cheap, easy, low cal and very easy to add any absorbent vegetable to. It's normally vegetarian but I like to add a little chicken breast.

Another one I make a lot is my version of Prawn Saganaki. (Below) anyone can send me a message for the recipe if they like.

2F4AC6A2-6930-43BF-A47F-9DEA4CCE7F0A-1927-0000019853D44336_zpsafb91fb6.jpg
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    chicken breast + salad greens

_"cheeseburger salads"_
    lean ground beef
    mrs. dash southwest chipotle
    1/2 pickle diced
    cheese (to taste as this will affect calories)
    lettuce
    organic ketchup + mustard

a lot of nights I just do a bag of steamed veggies with a meat.
  • HelstonSonia
    Options
    I had mine last night.

Steamed fish (or baked in the oven works as well - just wrapped in foil with some lemon zest & fresh thyme sprigs), boiled baby new potatoes, and home-made ratatoullie.

For the ratatouille I soften a chopped onion in 1tbsp olive oil, then add chopped mushrooms, courgettes & aubergine and fry until slightly softened, and add a tin of chopped tomatoes. Add some seasoning (salt, pepper, herbs) and let it cook for a good 30 minutes (or more if you have time). I tend to make a batch of it in one go at the weekend, then use a portion at a time through the week (it's good for lunches as well).
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Tuna salad, just lettuce, tomatoes, red onion, cucumber, olives, fresh coriander, olive oil tuna. Even better with a glass of wine :drinker:
  • DotPett
    DotPett Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I do salmon filets in a parchment bag, with slices of orange on top. For sides, fresh asparagus, and either couscous, or a rice/quinoa blend. Super yummy!
  • zumbajheri
    zumbajheri Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Tagging to bump, but I'll also share a meal idea. This week, I bought a half of a chicken already grilled from the deli. The first night I made a huge chicken, feta, sunflower seed, & strawberry salad using spinach and arugula greens, and added shredded carrots and cabbage (whatever dressing you like, I do balsamic vinegrette, or French/western). The rest I peeled off the bones to use for quesadillas with whole wheat tortilla and guacamole, and then the remainder a chicken salad for sandwiches with light mayo, onion, celery & salt/pepper.
  • Armyantzzz
    Armyantzzz Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Atkins chicken and broccoli alfredo!:happy:
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Steak and...more steak.
  • Natdogg37
    Natdogg37 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I love to have chicken ceaser salad wraps - instead of using wraps or pita bread I use lettuce to wrap the chicken and salad. Its so yummy and under 250 cals!
  • shanmtg
    shanmtg Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    just a regular salad with a little balsamic vinaigrette :smile:
  • ac_boubou
    ac_boubou Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have a few different favorite recipies but the best of all: grilled fish with tomato salad and basil, salad made with roasted bell Pepper, and a small boiled potato Top that with fresh cilantro, chopped onions and a bit of extra Virgin olive oïl. Yummy! Taste like I am having dinner by the mediteraneen sea in Greece!
  • cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    In my regular rotation -

Grilled chicken, fish or lean steak with grilled or steamed veggies or salad

Pizza made with pita bread or wraps for the crust

whole grain pasta with meatballs made from 92% lean ground turkey or beef

tex-mex beans with veggies served over quinoa (basically black beans, tomato, spinach & corn with spices), sometimes I do it with chicken breast.

tacos with lean meat or chicken
  • SenseiCole
    SenseiCole Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Pg Tips - Tea, White, No Sugar, 1 cup
    Eggs - egg omelet 2 large eggs
    Generic - Onion, Green Raw 28 g (Correct), 1 oz (28 g)
    Coles - Grated Tasty Cheese, 25 g
    Bar S - Smoked Deli Shaved Ham- 97% Fat Free, 1 slices (50g)
    Fresh - Steamed Brocoli, 1/4 Cup
    Fresh - Pumpkin-Baked , 100 gms cooked
    Roma - Tomatoes Med Size, 0.5 whole tomato

Cals 377

it was yummy
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    I make "spaghetti" with Spaghetti squash! The squash is only like 40 calories and fresh tomatoe sauce isnt much more. Sometimes I can stuff my face on only 300 cals.