What are some good healthy snacks???

Options
I'm looking for different things to snack on than the same thing.

Whats your favorite snack??

Replies

• bobbijodmb
    bobbijodmb Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Right now strawberries and fat free cool whip =)
  • secrook89
    secrook89 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I really like celery and/or cucumbers dipped in hummus
  • elainecroft
    elainecroft Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    cheese sticks, nuts, yogurt, carrots in 100 calorie guacamole packs
  • springs47
    springs47 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Cutie clementines!
  • Ashshell
    Ashshell Posts: 185
    Options
    Right now my faves are bananas, 100 calorie packs of almonds, yogurt and deli meat.
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Cheese String with a handful of raspberries or blueberries and a 1/2 cup yogurt or cinnamon honey with apple slices.

I also very much like snacking on frozen peaches and strawberries, or a 1/2 of a frozen banana covered with a chocolate with crush cornflake crust. There are a lot of fun ideas out there but these have certainly been delicious ones that I have tried.
  • anm6c6
    anm6c6 Posts: 8
    Options
    For dessert I have Yoplait's Greek Frozen Yogurt bar in Honey Caramel. It's delicious and only 90 calories.
  • BeautifulBrownButterfly
    Options
    Bananas i like the fiber one 90 calorie brownies, pecans, walnuts, watermelon chunks, the cuties..
  • chellec23
    chellec23 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I recently got into hummus and love it! There are different flavors and you can dip bread or veggies.

Something I tried the other day I LOVED - Carrot fries. You can just do baby carrots or cut bigger carrots into thick matchsticks...season (salt, salt/pepper, seasoned salt, cajun seasoning, etc) and bake at 450 for 25-30 minutes. YUM!!
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    What are your criteria for healthy? I recently discovered spiced roasted chickpeas, which are pretty yummy.
  • RecoveringToHealthy
    RecoveringToHealthy Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm in love with strawberries, apples and oranges at the moment. Works well with tea, coffee or water :smile:
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Pinterest is FULL of deliciousness.
    http://pinterest.com/katwhelton/sides-apps-and-dips/
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Cutie clementines!

Cuties are silly expensive BUT worth it!! The first bag I had lasted three weeks in the fridge without deteriorating. They're now a staple for me. Very tasty. No bitter ones. Not too messy. Few pithy strings. No seeds. 35 cal. What's not to like? Except the price, that is. Here they're $6.99 a bag.
  • 55in13
    55in13 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Almonds and raisins, but you have to limit quantities.

I also like Kashi Go Lean Crunch:
    http://www.kashi.com/products/golean_crunch
    the clusters are big enough to make it a "snackable" cereal that you can eat like popcorn.
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    i LOVE LOVE LOVE multi grain crackers, with some roasted pine nut hummus smeared on top, then topped with a dab of mango salsa... OMG, ITS GOOD!!!

edited to add... its so good, all 5 of my kids come home from school and make these for themselves as a snack!!!
  • ac_boubou
    ac_boubou Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    For me it's yogurt, every fruit I love them all! Celery with salsa (i don't like houmous). Crakers with a piece of cheese, walnut, almonds...cherry tomato,
  • ayeggy12
    ayeggy12 Posts: 11
    Options
    Thank you! There are so many Ill for sure have to try.
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    yoplait greek 100 yogurt
    100 calorie popcorn
    hummus and carrots
    banana
    almonds
    string cheese
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Right now my favorites are apples and popcorn :)