I hate that ad

Options
I hate that add that's coming up with a line drawing of a fat girl with her belly hanging out. It's starting to give me a complex. It sure would be nice if the ads on here were positive and not designed to make me feel shame and guilt.

Bad ad!

Replies

• smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Really? How do you deal with commercials on tv?
    It's an add....ignore it.
    LOL!
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I don't think Mike has any control over which ad's are shown, it's how this awesome site remains free to us. I would much rather have annoying ads than have to pay for the site, I just ignore them.
  • Caralyn
    Caralyn Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    How about the glazed donuts on the top of this page? It seems inappropriate for this website, doesn't it?
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Those a macaroons, not donuts. (heehee) And those adds keep this site free.
    So in turn - I love those ads! :flowerforyou:
  • jnsangel33
    jnsangel33 Posts: 49
    Options
    How about the glazed donuts on the top of this page? It seems inappropriate for this website, doesn't it?

Ha ha.. I agree with you on that. The donuts MUST GO!!! I find the drawing ad a good one. Makes me want to click it and find out how to lose that belly fat....HOWEVER.... :) since I have seen it before and clicked on... I will agree the ad is bad because it is a ploy to get you to buy stuff.....
  • nopeekiepeekie
    nopeekiepeekie Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I will agree the ad is bad because it is a ploy to get you to buy stuff.....

um... all ads are ploys to get you to buy stuff, not just the ones on this site, the ones on TV, everyone you've ever seen on the internet. it's called marketing.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    I hate that add that's coming up with a line drawing of a fat girl with her belly hanging out. It's starting to give me a complex. It sure would be nice if the ads on here were positive and not designed to make me feel shame and guilt.

Bad ad!
    lol Ok, she replaced the donuts someone complained about earlier in the week, so now we get her, the incredible breathing woman! Last night I had a vicious headache and nothing to take for it. Who taunted me? Why the Motrin add on the right sid of my screen all evening. Bwwwwwwwwhahahah I don't really notice the ads

Free site, I'm happy we have such wonderful tools to use at no cost, it might simply be something you get used to, perhaps focus more on the message box and you'll only see a blur of the line drawings.

Beats the discusting yellow uggie teeth ads from a few months back, seriously they were hard to miss, yellow teeth more like brown though.

Ok, wow, I wasted time rambling.

Sorry the ads bug you, really I am but if you think on all MFP offers ads is nothing, really it isn't it pays for the site and all the wonderful goodies Mike and Al continue to bring us on this site:heart::drinker:

Becca:flowerforyou:
  • happy_jax
    happy_jax Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    The ads don't really bother me...like you all say - if it keeps the website free then I'm all for them! (And I couldn't live without MFP now so please don't charge for it!! hehe) We get bombarded with so much advertising everyday I just tend to block them out...

However....most of the ads I see are in a foreign language??? I think Norwegian or Swedish or something?? That's a bit stupid of the advertisers really given that you can't understand them...what a waste of marketing budget! I would get sacked if I did that!! :laugh:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    They are ads by Google, the more we bring up certain words and phrases the more often we'll see those ads. Mike doesn't put up donut ads or weight loss ads. lol

Same way when you use a gmail account it brings up ads based on bit of your email conversations.

Life on the internet :) Love it or leave it, I'm staying, haven't seen donuts since the shrinking women, perhaps she ate them? lol
    Becca:laugh:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options

Bad ad!
    Girlie!! You are terrific and beautiful right now!! You have absolutely NO REASON to feel shame or guilt about anything, you keep up with your plan on healthy eating and just remember they are ads to try and pull you in and make you feel that way. But nothing can really MAKE us feel a certain way unless we allow it too.

Once I learned that life was grand again:wink:
    Have a wonderful Day Hon:flowerforyou:
    Becca:heart:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    Dang!:cry: You guys already said all the good stuff, I was just rereading the thread, guess I was writing when you all were posting.

Oh well, you can practice on my posts by ignoring them if you like and it'll be good practice on ignoring the ads? lol
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    And those adds keep this site free.
    So in turn - I love those ads! :flowerforyou:

That's a really good point!
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Its not just the site....tracking cookies keep track of the kind of things you view,and targets you appropriately....lately Ive been getting holiday adds for the place Im going this year,its not coincidence,I spent alot of time researching before I booked.
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Its not just the site....tracking cookies keep track of the kind of things you view,and targets you appropriately....lately Ive been getting holiday adds for the place Im going this year,its not coincidence,I spent alot of time researching before I booked.

True! I searched for some craft wire and now I'm seeing ads for craft and jewelry supply sites. THOSE are ads I can live with!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options

True! I searched for some craft wire and now I'm seeing ads for craft and jewelry supply sites. THOSE are ads I can live with!
    :love: Oh awesome, I better get to Googling some jewelry/bead sites myself. YAY, I agree, definitely ads I can live with forever. :heart: :laugh:

Becca:flowerforyou: