HELP!!!

Options
Yesterday I had a flat tire on my van, luckily DH was with me and changed it for me. In the process of my "helping" I tried to move the three ton jack back to the rear of the van.... well in pulling the stupid thing, the handle came loose and slammed into my shin! Now I have a HUGE bump and bruise there and it hurts to stretch the leg much less walk on it. I iced it down yesterday, and wrapped it in an ace bandage last night. It is stills sore this morning. My question is, should i take it easy today or try to exercise as planned? I am worried that I may have fractured it, but dread going to the hospital and having it looked at!

Replies

• samissa
    samissa Posts: 4
    Options
    Can you swim today? That way you won't have much impact.

If it were me, I would ice it, keep it elevated and see if it is better in 3 days. If you can't do that I would go get it looked at as soon as possible. Good luck!
  • jnsangel33
    jnsangel33 Posts: 49
    Options
    My advice to you would be take today off....it is sunday....AND....go have it looked at. Look at it this way. It is probably just badly bruised, but better safe than sorry!! Good luck!
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    do NOT work out today, strectch it lightly if you can, and go see your doctor tomorrow. you dont' get it looked at it could get worse over time
  • sharonsylvester
    sharonsylvester Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    wow, sorry to hear about your accident, don't exercise today. I know you are trying to stay on track, but think about this if you work out you could put yourself in a bad position and lay yourself up for a couple of weeks instead of just the day, so I would suggest seeing your doctor and making sure that everything is ok before attempting any sort of exercise.
  • MzMolly
    MzMolly Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Take the day OFF!! Even if it is not broken a deep bone bruise can be very painfull and take a while to heal. Swim if you can that is no impact. Good luck.
  • Michellerw1
    Michellerw1 Posts: 367
    Options
    Take the day off (if you really fear it is broken, I would go to the doctor ASAP), but do the following:

Take Aleve as directed on the bottle (unless you are allergic of course!). It is the best OTC pain killer for injuries.

ICE 15 minutes every hour, or as close to that as you can.

Elevate above your heart as much as you can.

If the swelling/pain gets worse or stays the same by tomorrow go see a doctor!

I am not in the medical profession, but I have broken my leg twice, all of my toes, and sprained my knees/ankles quite a bit....I am graceful. :blushing:
  • pennylbunch
    pennylbunch Posts: 122
    Options
    I am not in the medical profession, but I have broken my leg twice, all of my toes, and sprained my knees/ankles quite a bit....I am graceful. :blushing:

Michelle that is too funny! I have boys that have broken, bruised and cut open every part of thier bodies lol I am a BIG sissy when it comes to pain!

Thanks everyone! I did take it easy today, may do a little swimming tomorrow, if its not better i will go in and see the doc!