Bosc Pears

Options
dxtra30
dxtra30 Posts: 498 Member
Anybody eating Bosc Pears? I started eating them earlier in the week and they are really tasty.. Any MFP'ers out there eating these? From what I read Pears seem to have some good health benefits. I just hope the sugar content isn't that bad.

Replies

• hatethegame
    hatethegame Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I love pears! Eat them every day. There are several different types and they're all very good. Don't be worried about the natural sugar in fruit.
  • JossFit
    JossFit Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Did you have a specific question or were you just asking if other people eat them?

I eat them. I don't know what you want me to add to that. :happy:
  • kaa02c
    kaa02c Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I love pears all kinds, especially D'Anjou!
  • mellenorris
    mellenorris Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I love pears! I bought three different varieties at the store because they were all the same price and I didn't know what the difference was...

...they all tasted the same to me, haha! Now I just buy whichever variety is the least expensive.

My favorite use of them:

1/3 cup rolled oats
    1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
    1 diced up pear
    1 teaspoon brown sugar
    cinnamon to taste

Throw in the fridge overnight, the oats get soft and are ready for you to eat on the go in the morning!
  • CrystalDreams
    CrystalDreams Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Unless you are super sensitive to sugar, dont worry about it.
  • Chunky_As_Charged
    Options
    There are about 17g of sugar in a medium sized Bosc pear; however, like the previous poster said, you shouldn't be too concerned about the natural sugar in fruit. You're body processes it more efficiently than sugar in processed foods like sugary cereals.
  • dxtra30
    dxtra30 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the posts.. Should have more clear but guess I wasn't .. In short terms was asking if anybody ate bosc pears (or other kinds) and if the sugar content is ok.
  • horses1jessi
    horses1jessi Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Funny I stumbled across a article this week about how good pear are for you and they have less sugar than apples.