4 days

Options
Of no bread and potatoes...Its getting easier
However the amount of veggies means...well.... ****ting through the eye of a needle! Why is this?

Replies

• watchhillgirl
    watchhillgirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Why give up bread and potatoes? I eat them almost every day and am losing weight...
  • lowerh22
    lowerh22 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Oh not totally giving up, but I started my lifestyle change on monday and I want to cleanse out a little, so I'm eating very low carb for the first month then will slowly reintroduce. However I'm not missing them as I've replaced potatoes with veggies and salads, and really am loving it!!x
  • kizzy454
    kizzy454 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I gave up bread a while back.. may have to do this again!
  • sexymuffintop
    Options
    Oh not totally giving up, but I started my lifestyle change on monday and I want to cleanse out a little, so I'm eating very low carb for the first month then will slowly reintroduce. However I'm not missing them as I've replaced potatoes with veggies and salads, and really am loving it!!x

You do know that there are still carbs in pretty much every vegetable and salad as well don't you? Bread, I could happily dump (hardly ever eat it anyway), but potatoes aren't the devils food, only my opinion though...
  • lowerh22
    Options
    oh yeah i know, but imagine getting through three loaves a week. on your own. Or a whole bag of spuds and butter? on your own? lol

doesnt work for everyone but i need to break the habit of excess and its just a jumping off point xx
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options

What exactly are you trying to "cleanse out?"
  • lowerh22
    Options
    the huge amount of starchy food i eat, the bloat - god the bloat! so ive swapped to veggies and protein for a couple weeks, then ill slowly reintroduce so i am not overeating.
  • sexymuffintop
    Options
    oh yeah i know, but imagine getting through three loaves a week. on your own. Or a whole bag of spuds and butter? on your own? lol

doesnt work for everyone but i need to break the habit of excess and its just a jumping off point xx

Seriously? 3 loaves a week on your own? lol, yeah ok I can see why you might want to ease up on your bread consumption then lol. I went cold turkey from bread a few years back and I can genuinely say I don't miss it at all. I think I must eat bread once a month maybe? Just doesn't float my boat anymore...you try and take my greek yoghurt though....well....that would be a fight lol
  • lowerh22
    Options
    lol im a toast and jam kinda girl, then i wonder where all the weight snuck up on me! haha!!! xx
  • ctinawilson
    ctinawilson Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Cant help you with the um... sensitive question, as it sounds like you're eating plenty of fibre with all the veggies... hmmm.

I gave up bread (will have a wrap now and then but rarely) and i substituted potatoes for sweet potatoes, so glad I did both as it has really cured this horrible bloat I used to get after ever starchy meal.

Not really basing it on anything other than that!

:drinker:
  • sexymuffintop
    Options
    lol im a toast and jam kinda girl, then i wonder where all the weight snuck up on me! haha!!! xx

See now, I could be tempted by a nice toasted, seeded wholewheat bagel with jam actually. hmmmmmm. :love: