staying motivated can be a battle at times

sharonsylvester
sharonsylvester Posts: 52 Member
edited September 21 in Motivation and Support
Ok, so for the past two days I have been feeling like I just want to give up on exercising for a while, I know it is not a good thought to have and I have to push myself to exercise, but once I start exercising it is not so bad, it is just getting started. Maybe it is because I exercise by myself.

Replies

• sabrinafaith
    sabrinafaith Posts: 607 Member
    I have that problem too. And the first 15 minutes always seem like torture, but then I seem to be able to push myself to go for 32-45 minutes. You just have to tell yourself that after 20 minutes, you can quit, because most likely, you'll keep going anyway. :wink:
  • StaceG1986
    StaceG1986 Posts: 350
    I feel like that too. I've started taking my hubby out on C25k training with me when I feel like I can't be 'bothered', it's good to have someone to work out with and give you that extra push!

Also, when I work out by myself at home and am not really feeling it, I put some good music on and kind of just go with the flow and get right into it!

Oh, and looking in the mirror kind of helps with my motivation too! :laugh:
  • I find that having just one person to work out with doesn't work out as well as a group of friends. I get together with some friends every Sunday before church to run plus I work out on my own during the week also. The group just holds me accountable - to show up at all and to keep up with my individual workouts - because we always end up talking about what we did for fitness during the week. If I just went with my best friend we would end up chit-chatting and not caring about the fitness part at all. :)
  • ChrissyM
    ChrissyM Posts: 23
    Some days just getting to the gym is the hardest part. I started telling myself just go and do 10 min cause that's better than nothing. Everytime I do that I end up working out at least 30min because once I'm there and get started I get into it and don't want to quit after just 10 min.
  • sharonsylvester
    sharonsylvester Posts: 52 Member
    Yeah, I guess the hardest part is just getting started. Ohh, but the mind is what first needs to be changed. Thanks everyone for your input. :smile:
  • xarra
    xarra Posts: 128 Member
    I'm watching The Biggest Loser and seeing that I was almost some of their weights prompted me to walk another 0.8 miles today! That's 1.6 miles today... :D
This discussion has been closed.