Starting Again

Options
Here I go...starting again....

I seem to be the YO-YO dieter for life. I do really well ususally in the Fall/Winter and fall to pieces in the Spring/Summer (which is the worst time in terms of clothing!) :smile:

So I am jumping back into a program of watching and counting what I eat and adding exercise 3 times a week. I hope that the beginning transition is easier than normal. The first two weeks always seem hard.

Off to begin again.....

Samissa

Replies

• KrissyD70
    KrissyD70 Posts: 92
    Options
    You can do it!!! Good luck!:happy:
  • StaceG1986
    StaceG1986 Posts: 350
    Options
    Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • lizaflaherty
    Options
    I am at the bottom of the hill again. various health problems and giving up smoking have seen me bloat out. I have a wedding in a couple of weeks, I am best woman, and want to look less like a beach ball. Enjoy exercising which is good but get very sloppy round the eating side of thingsl. I sort of forget I am eating and wonder why I am not losing weight. Ciggie free for 2 months+ now which makes the exercise alot easier and should be fitter quicker. Yeah, the first 2 weeks are tough cos nothing seems to be happening. Fitness pal is a great boost and keeps me focused on what I have done and what I could possibly change to do better.
  • MsElphaba
    MsElphaba Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Well you are in a good place! You don't say how you intend to lose weight, but I would encourage you to not "diet" on a particular plan, but rather make sensible changes to your diet that you can live with for the rest of your life.

Good luck to you!

L
  • Bethany28
    Bethany28 Posts: 263
    Options
    What she said! You can do this!!
  • samissa
    samissa Posts: 4
    Options
    I plan to do it the old fashion way...counting calories and exercising....:happy: :laugh:
  • lizaflaherty
    Options
    thanks ladies, I plan to stick to 1,200 calories and use the food tracker and increase my exercise levels. Don't like weighing myself but it must be done. My sister has downloaded fitness pal onto her iphone and she recommended it to me. Feel very hopeful