NSV victory!!

Options
KellySue67
KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
I had a doctor's appointment yesterday that included getting the results from last week's blood work. I had the same blood work done in January. The results at that time were disappointing to say the very least. Yesterday's results were phenominal! I am diabetic so I have a Hemoglobin A1c test done several times a year. In January it was 11.2- very high and unhealthy. Now with changes to my diet, exercise and some med changes it is down to 6.6. My cholesterol is down to 115 from 177 and my triglycerides are 85! All due to my change in habits and being more conscious about what I am eating and getting more exercise. Now there is a scale victory as well--- I have lost a total of 40lbs since last September. (I know, the ticker says 37, but I didn't record some of the gains-- no one likes to record their failures) :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Replies

• mrsna
    mrsna Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! Congrats on your outstanding success and keep up the good work!
  • VastBreak
    VastBreak Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Awesome, being healthy is the best reward!
  • djshari
    djshari Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    yeah!! love seeing good #s at the dr :)
  • watchhillgirl
    watchhillgirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! I hope when I go see the doctor for my annual, that my cholesterol goes down. I also want to freak him out over my weight loss. Ticker says 11, but I actually hit the 20lb mark yesterday.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • joann1948
    joann1948 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your tests, that is wonderful.....A healthy lifestyle brings many positive changes.....
  • GracefulDancer4Christ
    GracefulDancer4Christ Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    congrats! I love hearing other's success stories and happy for the positive results
  • fatyoga
    fatyoga Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    great numbers!
  • briabner
    briabner Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Thats a huge drop in your A1c!!!!! congrats!!!
  • wendybird5
    wendybird5 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! You are doing great! You must be so proud! Keep it up!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!