Cheat meal = 2 pounds gain !!??

Options
Hello there !!

I've been eating very clean for the past weeks. Two days ago, I've decided to have a cheat meal since I felt like I deserved it. Thus, I ate a poutine and a chocolate bar.. Problem is, I weighed myself the day after and realized I've gain 2 pounds....! I first thought I was just bloated from eating so much carbs so I didn't worry much and just kept on eating clean like I usually do. But then, I weighed myself again this morning and I was still 2 pounds over.

Whaaaaat the hell. Is that normal ?!

Replies

• stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Hello there !!

I've been eating very clean for the past weeks. Two days ago, I've decided to have a cheat meal since I felt like I deserved it. Thus, I ate a poutine and a chocolate bar.. Problem is, I weighed myself the day after and realized I've gain 2 pounds....! I first thought I was just bloated from eating so much carbs so I didn't worry much and just keep on eating clean like I usually do. But then, I weighed myself again this morning and I was still 2 pounds over.

Whaaaaat the hell. It's that normal ?!

Unless it was a 7000 calorie cheat meal - in addition to a full days calories - you did not gain 2 pounds from that meal.

More likely it's water and/or waste weight. Keep eating according to your weight loss plan, and it will come back off.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Yes, weight fluctuation is normal. Stop weighing yourself so often.
  • Seraphemz
    Seraphemz Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I hate when that happens. Just go back to eating healthy and it will come right off...
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Water weight due to amount of sodium in the meal, or you need to have a bowel movement from said food.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Hello there !!

I've been eating very clean for the past weeks. Two days ago, I've decided to have a cheat meal since I felt like I deserved it. Thus, I ate a poutine and a chocolate bar.. Problem is, I weighed myself the day after and realized I've gain 2 pounds....! I first thought I was just bloated from eating so much carbs so I didn't worry much and just keep on eating clean like I usually do. But then, I weighed myself again this morning and I was still 2 pounds over.

First, you realistically can't gain, or lose...2lbs of fat in 24hrs. Or 48hrs for that matter. Second, out of curiosity, did the poutine and chocolate bar put you over your calories? And if so...how much? To gain 2lbs of fat would theoretically require being 7000cal over.

Just relax...it's probably water retention...it'll fall off as long as you're eating under your calorie limit.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Water weight due to amount of sodium in the meal, or you need to have a bowl movement from said food.

Don't use the salad bowls, though. Those are for company.
  • Josee76
    Josee76 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Water weight due to amount of sodium in the meal, or you need to have a bowl movement from said food.

Don't use the salad bowls, though. Those are for company.

LMFAO!!! ;)
  • turboturtlepower
    Options
    If you can still button up your jeans, don't worry about it. Drink some water, the weight will go down in a few days.
  • AlicesNirvanaHealthWellness
    Options
    I drive myself crazy with this same problem,,,weigh in once a week only,,don't make yourself crazy, just go back to doing the healthy stuff and you will be great
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    Poutine is a really salty dish. I'd say it's water retention.
  • Ta2dchic20
    Ta2dchic20 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Hello there !!

Whaaaaat the hell. Is that normal ?!

You ate Poutine? I love you...but yes, all that gravy=sodium. drink lots of water, you'll lose it :drinker:
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    So in 2 days you expected it to go away? That's rather unrealistic. It's not a 2 pound gain--in the future don't weigh yourself for at least 3-5 days and drink lots of water. I routinely gain 5 pounds after a particularly indulgent weekend.
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Water retention and bloat. This too shall pass.
  • VeganZombie13
    Options
    I think you are probably just bloated.. don't worry..
  • kmccormick42
    kmccormick42 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    That's why I only weigh once a week, same time - same scale. Had a drs appt last week & was up 3 lbs but was back down before my next regular weigh in.
  • xMonroeMisfit
    xMonroeMisfit Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Hello there !!

Unless it was a 7000 calorie cheat meal - in addition to a full days calories - you did not gain 2 pounds from that meal.

More likely it's water and/or waste weight. Keep eating according to your weight loss plan, and it will come back off.

^
  • MyPureSteez
    MyPureSteez Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Hide your scale. It's a lying *kitten*! Only weight your self once every two weeks. I was weighing myself 3 times a day like a mad man. it's not healthy
  • VeinsAndBones
    VeinsAndBones Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Did you eat a whole buffet!?! :O If not than it's water weight from excess carbs and glucose and glycogen ;) No worries
  • elleloch
    elleloch Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    You are literally going to drive yourself nuts if you are trying to get yourself to weigh the same exact number every time you get on the scale.
  • pnubn1
    pnubn1 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    It's just water weight gain..probably from a sudden influx of salt...sugar