Need ideas for having a yard sale.

Options
jcramer1227
jcramer1227 Posts: 85 Member
I live in an apartment so, obviously, I can't have it here (insurance doesn't cover random people who may or may not get hurt, you know the drill). I guess I'm not sure how else I can have a yard sale. I would like to purge some excess stuff from my life and get a little money for it. Any ideas?

Replies

• TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Thrift Shop
  • jersey_jenn
    jersey_jenn Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    local flea market?
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Thrift Shop

They had a broken keyboard, I bought a broken keyboard
    I bought a skeet blanket, then I bought a kneeboard
  • Putcake
    Putcake Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Do you have a friend who's "yard" you could use? You could always craigslist larger items or offer a "grab bag" of small stuff. We have an online classfied program at work where we post items for sale, etc. and it works out really well.

We live in Delaware and people just set up on the main route at empty lots or closed businesses. If it's a nice day on the weekend, I will easily pass 5 or 6 people set up at random places. I guess they figure the traffic on the main road is better and they might have a chance of catching beach traffic during the summer. I've never seen anything like it anywhere else - but people love to stop and look!
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    craigslist "un yard sale" simply post list of items and prices, and say TEXT ONLY! and Will not hold, first come gets it ,
    then post pics.
    tah dah , stuff gone , and voila, money in pocket! and a thousand creepers have your number..(lol) actually have never had problems with CL and creepers and my number is on there EVERY DAY for work.
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    kijiji
  • thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    Milkshakes! i heard they bring all the boys to the yard................sale.
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I agree with the Craigslist idea: pick a handful of items that you feel are actually worth something and try to sell those with the help of the interwebs, and donate the rest to Goodwill or a local re-sale shop of your choice. You won't get paid for it but you can deduct it from your taxes if you so choose. Good luck!
  • SueFromRI
    SueFromRI Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Consignment store, flea market, or donate.