Any before and after pics from women who didnt go to the gym

Options
Would love some pictures for motivation (and tips :wink: ), from women who have lost weight without the gym, personal trainers, or surgery. Just clean eating and at home exercise. Thanks!!! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• StacieHof
    StacieHof Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    <<<---No gym, trainer, or surgery...lots of exercise and pretty clean eating most of the time. :wink:
  • b3kah5
    b3kah5 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • shunggie
    shunggie Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    I don't have pics, but I have lost weight and do not belong to a gym. I did really well when the weather was nice and I could walk 3 to 5 miles 4 times a week. I lost almost 30 pounds in 5 months- just eating clean (mostly) and exercising. BUT then winter hit and it was too cold or dark for me to walk before or after work. And frankly I wasn't mentally checked in with weight loss due to the holidays and illness/death (my boyfriend's mom went into the hosptial in mid Nov- died on my Mom's birthday Dec. 16th then his Dad had another stroke!!!).

I started last week eating clean again- and now that spring has finally hit, I've been walking again. According to the CardioTrainer on my phone I have walked 21 miles in April so far. It can be done without a gym membership you just have to stay motivated. Let MFP help you. During the dark days of winter with all the saddness I neglected to log in and I let life get in the way of me getting healthy. I'm back on board- you can do it too!!!!!!!!!!!
  • LouiseOverbeck
    Options
    I have lost a total of 40 pounds since I started my journey and I have done it all at home. I started eating healthier and working out between 5-6 days a week using in home workout programs. Feel free to add me!
  • b3kah5
    b3kah5 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • wbandel
    wbandel Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    During the summer I did C25K and yoga, and during the fall/spring I've been biking. Winter was a bit of a flop. Hoping to start some of the Jillian Michaels videos to get a bit more tone as I'm getting skinny fat. I still managed to lose a ton of weight just from eating less food and more fruits and veggies. I stopped drinking pop and juice. Now I just drink coffee and tea if I need some flavor. No matter what, you can lose weight, but it's not all about numbers, it's also about being healthy.

I'm not really an after yet, but I have lost a lot of volume. lol Once school is out for the summer I'm gonna really start back up.

2c0eb3f0-802e-45ee-a795-8cd5e2778b08_zpse7ecd7f8.jpg

This is 70 lbs down. As you can tell I'm still quite smushy. So do what you can to tone while you go, whether it's weights or just using the weight of your body as resistance. :)
  • xprplstardust
    xprplstardust Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    <--- no gym, no trainer. I do workout videos at home, doing my 1st round of insanity coupled with a daily 4 mile walk when the weather permits & eat very clean with splurges in moderation.
  • barbiedollgirl
    barbiedollgirl Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I have lost a total of 40 pounds since I started my journey and I have done it all at home. I started eating healthier and working out between 5-6 days a week using in home workout programs. Feel free to add me!

What workout programs did you do? I am looking for something fun. I had 4 different Jillian Michaels DVD but hated them. Could not go past two days of them. :grumble:
  • barbiedollgirl
    barbiedollgirl Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    During the summer I did C25K and yoga, and during the fall/spring I've been biking. Winter was a bit of a flop. Hoping to start some of the Jillian Michaels videos to get a bit more tone as I'm getting skinny fat. I still managed to lose a ton of weight just from eating less food and more fruits and veggies. I stopped drinking pop and juice. Now I just drink coffee and tea if I need some flavor. No matter what, you can lose weight, but it's not all about numbers, it's also about being healthy.

I'm not really an after yet, but I have lost a lot of volume. lol Once school is out for the summer I'm gonna really start back up.

2c0eb3f0-802e-45ee-a795-8cd5e2778b08_zpse7ecd7f8.jpg

This is 70 lbs down. As you can tell I'm still quite smushy. So do what you can to tone while you go, whether it's weights or just using the weight of your body as resistance. :)

Thanks so much for sharing. Just wanted I needed. So it can be done. :smile:
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    41 lbs lost without going to the gym. I do go to a dance studio for zumba twice a week though since January but beside that, walking, hiking, jogging and home video. I also got a bench with some weight for strength training.

BTW Jillian Michael's will not help with the "skinny fat" problem. It's a circuit training, so it's cardio.
  • CharRicho
    CharRicho Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    It can definitely be done! I don't have any pics but I'm 19 lbs down after 3 months... and I HATE the gym!

I figured out very quickly into this process that forcing my self to do exercise that I hate was detrimental... just made me feel tired and sluggish and not want to go.

I do go to a zumba class occasionally (I don't have the space at home to really properly exercise) and yoga regularly (I can do some of the poses at home too) and I run outside - I love finding new and forest-y places to run!

Most of the weight though, I believe, has come off from the change of diet. It can be done!
  • CrystalFlury
    CrystalFlury Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I've been eating the best I can, at one point I was eating pretty clean. I still try to, just depends on what's available produce-wise at the store. I loveee sweets so I try and limit those (note I said limit, not eliminate). Here is my before at 182 lbs. and my most recent pic when I was shopping for honeymoon clothing, I'm 129 lbs. I run, use Jillian Michaels DVDs;30 Day Shred and Ripped in 30. They're hard workouts, but trust me if you keep up with them they're worth it. I do go to the gym, the apartment gym, not 24 Hour Fitness or anything. If I didn't have a gym available to me I'm confident I still would get this kind of result. Honestly, the only time I'd used the gym during my weight loss was when I didn't want to run I'd use the elliptical machine. Recently, I went back to using the elliptical because the weather has been cruddy for running.

29ccee0c-aa16-4d16-ad85-d36c420cbafa_zps64a82246.jpg

Dress_zps12788ea2.jpg
  • CrystalFlury
    Options
    sorry for the huge picture (the second one) I was trying to resize but it didn't seem to work...
  • NakedLunchTime
    Options
    GREAT JOB everyone!!!

<<<<<<<<<<< No gym and eating healthy with some unhealthy things in moderation!
  • mathgirl
    mathgirl Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    crystalthom : wow!!! youve got a body like Jillian's assistants :) nice job
  • CrystalFlury
    Options
    crystalthom : wow!!! youve got a body like Jillian's assistants :) nice job

Haha! Not quite, but thanks! :smile: Clothing does wonders to cover the flabby belly, which I believe is skin/fat just tends to linger there on me.

29ccee0c-aa16-4d16-ad85-d36c420cbafa_zps64a82246.jpg5b63420d-09bf-4037-866d-c0353baded0e_zpsa35cced8.jpg