Good Yoga DVD?

JensLogin
JensLogin Posts: 74
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
Hello All:

I am trying to add yoga into my fitness routine and would like to get any suggestions you might have on a good DVD I could do at home. I appreciate any and all suggestions.

Thank you and take care!

Replies

• Lauralovesmfp
    Lauralovesmfp Posts: 270 Member
    Biggest Loser weight loss yoga is great!
  • stevemcknight
    stevemcknight Posts: 647 Member
    The only problem with the Biggest Loser Yoga dvd is there isn't such a great example person. When Bob is teaching - you're forced to check the Losers for form, which is pretty spotty at best. The very best yoga (for strength and fitness - not really for the mindset aspects) is the Tony Horton One on One Fountain of Youth Yoga dvd. I do it almost every Thursday.
  • Lola1022
    Lola1022 Posts: 3 Member
    I don't know if you have Exercise TV on demand with your cable provider (if you have cable), but that's a nice way to try out different yoga routines especially. I am really enjoying the intensity of Angie Stewart's Yoga Fitness Fusion. You can see some screen shots and snippets here: http://www.exercisetv.tv/workout-videos/cardio/yoga-fitness-fusion-9684.
  • Lauralovesmfp
    Lauralovesmfp Posts: 270 Member
    The only problem with the Biggest Loser Yoga dvd is there isn't such a great example person. When Bob is teaching - you're forced to check the Losers for form, which is pretty spotty at best. The very best yoga (for strength and fitness - not really for the mindset aspects) is the Tony Horton One on One Fountain of Youth Yoga dvd. I do it almost every Thursday.

I haven't tried that one. I like Bob's, not for form but for sweat factor. I hated P90X yoga because it was so long. So doing Bob's wasn't so bad because as much as I'd like to love yoga, I can't!
  • Okay, I am a yoga junky, so take this with a grain of salt. I really like Brian Kest's Weight loss video (Bryan Kest's Original Power Yoga :: Weight Loss and Power Abs). Using just it and counting calories, I lost 35 lbs a few years ago. Recently, I have enjoyed Inhale on Oxygen channel with Steve Ross. Really it depends on how YOU like to work out though. Yoga can be easy and relaxing, or vinyasa style where you work up a great sweat and burn a lot of calories. Two other teachers to try are Seane Corn & Baron Baptiste. Both have varying levels of yoga dvds. I have tried many, so if you can get more specific on how new you are to this... and how you like to exercise... I can probably help. Kest's Weight Loss one is excellent though!

-Lisa
  • JensLogin
    Thank you all for the great suggestions. I will take a look at these and see which one seems to fit the best!
  • afgooch
    afgooch Posts: 17
    I love yoga. The DVD's by Gaiam are my favorite. My favorite teacher is Rodney Yee. The videos range from 20 minutes up to 90 minutes. There have videos for meditation and relaxation, power and strength, and flexibility.

Enjoy
    Namaste
  • Michellerw1
    Michellerw1 Posts: 367
    I don't know if you have Exercise TV on demand with your cable provider (if you have cable), but that's a nice way to try out different yoga routines especially. I am really enjoying the intensity of Angie Stewart's Yoga Fitness Fusion. You can see some screen shots and snippets here: http://www.exercisetv.tv/workout-videos/cardio/yoga-fitness-fusion-9684.

You can get it on hulu.com. At least some exercise TV ones. I searched "yoga" and found 3 awesome ones. Cardio yoga (which is an @ss-kicker!), morning yoga, and total body yoga. They also have pilates ones that are excellent...
  • ErinSarah12
    ErinSarah12 Posts: 16 Member
    I like the yoga DVD from P90x, although it's long, I saw really great results through my thighs and butt after doing it just once a week for about six weeks :happy:
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    Baron Baptiste Power Yoga 1 and Power Yoga 2 are quite good.

A previous poster suggested Tony Horton's One-on-One Fountain of Youth yoga. It's very good (45 minutes) and is NOT the same as his P90X, Yoga X (90 minutes) which I do when it's on the schedule, but I don't really like it.
  • JensLogin
    Thank you again, for even more great suggestions. I actually just bought 2 of the Rodney Yee video's and will give them a shot. I plan on trying a few more of your great suggestions as well!

Have a great one!
  • adrienc
    adrienc Posts: 57
    I love yoga. The DVD's by Gaiam are my favorite. My favorite teacher is Rodney Yee. The videos range from 20 minutes up to 90 minutes. There have videos for meditation and relaxation, power and strength, and flexibility.

Enjoy
    Namaste

Totally agree.. Rodney Yee videos are the best! make sure to start with the beginner ones, in order to learn the poses, then move to more advanced ones... Power Yoga Total Body workout and Slow Burn Yoga are my favorite ones. I practised them almost on daily basis
This discussion has been closed.