I didn't eat enough yesterday

Should I focus on carb loading today or protein? Or just overall adding calories. I just need energy because I feel spent today and I will work out tonight. Anyone have suggestions?

Replies

• Probably more carbs..but "carb loading" is not necessary. Just eat. If you're hungrier then go over your usual intake today.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Eat based on what your body needs, not what your brain thinks you need. Your body is capable of way more than your brain thinks it is... you just have to find a way to keep your brain from interfering.
  • fitgal05
    fitgal05 Posts: 149
    Probably more carbs..but "carb loading" is not necessary. Just eat. If you're hungrier then go over your usual intake today.

I'm not too hungry at all just feel tired. I know I need to watch that because I don't want to lose muscle over fat. Thanks. I won't carb load, just switch up my diet today.
  • fitgal05
    Eat based on what your body needs, not what your brain thinks you need. Your body is capable of way more than your brain thinks it is... you just have to find a way to keep your brain from interfering.

I totally know that the brain can mess with you...lol. I don't want to gain weight and I don't want to burn muscle when I work out. I guess it's just hard sometimes to meet my macros. I'm trying though. Thanks for the advice. It try to treat my diet like my running, you can always push further and harder because the body is capable.
  • moment_to_arise
    moment_to_arise Posts: 207 Member
    eat normally. every day is a new day.
  • locaoca
    locaoca Posts: 41 Member
    When I don't eat enough one day, the next day I focus on high quality proteins not carbs (they make me feel tired). It helps make sure there will be no muscle loss, but I stay within my calories for the day. Try fish with a salad, chicken breast with steamed veggies.
  • RunWinterGarden
    RunWinterGarden Posts: 428 Member
    The way I look at it, if you are hungry eat, if you aren't then don't force it. The only exception I have to this is if I have a race (half or full marathon) and will need the energy
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    just worry about caleries
  • melindasuefritz
    The way I look at it, if you are hungry eat, if you aren't then don't force it. The only exception I have to this is if I have a race (half or full marathon) and will need the energy
  • melindasuefritz
    eat normally. every day is a new day.
  • Probably more carbs..but "carb loading" is not necessary. Just eat. If you're hungrier then go over your usual intake today.

I'm not too hungry at all just feel tired. I know I need to watch that because I don't want to lose muscle over fat. Thanks. I won't carb load, just switch up my diet today.

Well, then eat normally. one day is not going to make you lose muscle.
  • fitgal05
    Sounds good thanks guys. I did pack a healthy lunch of salad and tuna so I won't go out to eat and ruin that.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member

I totally know that the brain can mess with you...lol. I don't want to gain weight and I don't want to burn muscle when I work out. I guess it's just hard sometimes to meet my macros. I'm trying though. Thanks for the advice. It try to treat my diet like my running, you can always push further and harder because the body is capable.

You're not going to gain any noticeable weight or burn any noticeable muscle in 1 day. Do what you need to do and eat what you need to eat to get in a good work out and go from there. 1 day is pretty insignificant in the grand scheme of things.