not losing any more

Options
i have lost 2stone 6lb and now nothing now for 2 weeks
I am eating a couple of hundred under my calories every day and have been since i started
anyone got any ideas pleaseeeee

Replies

• wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    eat your allotted calories, not under
    drink more water
    exercise
  • bolins95
    bolins95 Posts: 9
    Options
    you should try changing it up...do different excercises, change up what you are eating...maybe you are eating just enough carbs to stall you, eat some more veggies or more proteins! I hope that helps!!!:happy:
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    eat your allotted calories, not under
    drink more water
    exercise

This!
  • yvonne1704
    yvonne1704 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    i can do the first 2 but exercise is a problem until i lose a bit more - have about 9 more stone to lose - so exercise is a bit hard for me atm
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    Can you walk for exercise? Start slow and work up to more distance? Any exercise will help.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i can do the first 2 but exercise is a problem until i lose a bit more - have about 9 more stone to lose - so exercise is a bit hard for me atm

If you can walk, walk.... Start off small and work your way up.
  • petechiae
    petechiae Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Exercise doesn't mean you have to do extreme workouts. You can have a brisk walk, have a slow bike ride. Any exercise is good exercise.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options

Walk or use the elliptical.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    If you can move, you can exercise. Do what you can, even if it's just walking. I read about a super morbidly obese woman who started out just clapping along to the music in the exercise videos.
  • lilmissymoo90
    lilmissymoo90 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    ive lost 6 stone i have times when the scales dont move for 2 weeks then they drop again i also cut down on carbs when this happens and increase water x
  • norrisski
    norrisski Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    I lost 30 pounds by walking alone. I do recomend weight lifting (even 3 pound weights in the comfort of your own home) some as well because as you lose you need to tone as well. I didn't start this soon enough and am now trying to play catch up.
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options

I started with 118.6 to lose (8.47 stone) and I exercised from day one. Even walking makes a huge difference! You can do this!
  • Amy106Days
    Amy106Days Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Look for loss in other ways. I am so glad to not be a scale slave anymore! I have added a bunch of different ways to check my progress and they are helping me be less obsessed overall.

1) I keep a star journal. Every day I "win" a gold star for eating my proper calories without going over/ drinking 8-10 glasses of water/ getting in my exercise ..walking counts, moving count 1 hr is my goal -some days these stars are my only pay off.

2) I take my measurements every Monday morning. Arms, legs, neck, waist, bust you name it I can tell you what size it was and what size it has come to be. MFP even lets you add these measurements and keep up with them here on the site just like your weight and no one else can see it.

3) I went through my worst photos and pulled the clothes from them to use as a test. I don't fit these outcast outfits now but I am holding on to them to take after pictures...someday. Take before and during and during and during pictures. Progress might not show on the scale but it will show. You can use your current wardrobe for the same reward, a change in the fit of your clothes is a pay off as well.

4) Small goals! I have so many small goals. The first day I started my life over a friend said "cross your fingers that I ace this interview" and I couldn't :/. I had to use an additional digit to smoosh my fingers into this position. So first weight loss/fitness mini goal was cross my fingers. Just increasing my h20 intake made that possible my pudgy fingers were a side effect of being constantly under hydrated. Next goal was touch my toes. They don't have to be monumental but the more goals you have the more of a celebration this journey becomes. Look at things in your life you are so close to doing and celebrate yourself when you achieve them!

It sounds mad but there are some great pregnancy and elderly work out videos on youtube. I like to incorporate "Sit and Be Fit" exercises into my couch potato evenings it is a good replacement for my former mindless snacking habit. All moving is good for you. Actively shrug your shoulders while standing in lines. During commercials lift your legs parallel to the sofa, keep them up as long as you can. Take small steps toward your goals and don't give yourself the right to be discouraged. Little things add up quickly and soon you will be stronger and ready to really work it. Good Luck!!
  • yvonne1704
    yvonne1704 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for my advice :happy: