The joy of back spasms

Options
Yesterday I was 5 minutes late for my kettle bell class and, being the idiotic carrot I am, I decided to join in anyway. I missed "just" the warm up, so I went straight in even if advised against it. Guess what? Now I a have wonderful back spasm.
Someone knows how long I should rest and if there is any exercise I can do? I tried to run, but yeah, it hurts and I look like penguin on acid.
I read around and it says at least three days but I really don't like the idea of losing so much time.
Thank you!

Ps. Of course the title is very very ironic, but yes, due to previous forums experience I prefer to clarify.

Replies

• JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I was 5 minutes late for my kettle bell class and, being the idiotic carrot I am, I decided to join in anyway. I missed "just" the warm up, so I went straight in even if advised against it. Guess what? Now I a have wonderful back spasm.
    Someone knows how long I should rest and if there is any exercise I can do? I tried to run, but yeah, it hurts and I look like penguin on acid.
    I read around and it says at least three days but I really don't like the idea of losing so much time.
    Thank you!

Ps. Of course the title is very very ironic, but yes, due to previous forums experience I prefer to clarify.

Just give your back a day or two to rest, it sucks but with the back it's usually worth it. The real worry is when you have spasms that turn into a burning sensation and that burning sensation travels down your leg, then there's a real problem. :)
  • ChemicalWolf
    Options
    Thank you!

Okay, that's pretty silly of me, but I just noticed your profile picture XD
    Talking about penguins on acid... I think that my day has been made :P
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    Thank you!

Okay, that's pretty silly of me, but I just noticed your profile picture XD
    Talking about penguins on acid... I think that my day has been made :P

Ha, just put two-n-two together on that one. How ironic I would post in your thread. LOL