I NEED ADVICE ASAP PLEASE

Options
2»

Replies

• dparent01
    dparent01 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    At 5'5" and 150 lbs. you are probably right where you need to be. Why is it that everyone thinks you need to weigh 110 lbs.? I'm 5'3" and when I weighed 150 lbs. I was wearing a size 6. I can't tell by your picture but maybe you are more muscle than fat. Ditch the prescription and do it quick. I can't even believe the doctor would prescribe it, but that's a whole other issue. You may need to up your calories because your body thinks it is starving. It really does work!
  • BobcatGirl110
    BobcatGirl110 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the positive thoughts and advice...how do u open your diary or find these other things? My diary set me at 1,200 but I do eat back my exercise calories. With my job I really can't be skinny it would be a disadvantage plus I'm a curvy girl anyways but my goal is to be down to 130 or 135lbs. I stay in a car driving a lot of the day but I keep water with me and constantly put it down, I just quit drink'n pop. So when working I have to grab food on the go...not fast food but not very healthy food either so I keep it at small portions for breakfast and for lunch usually subway....wheat bread with veggies, grilled chicken and no cheese also light on the sweet onion sauce. At home I don't snack, really not big on snacking which I know can be a downfall for metabolism without healthy snacking. I have a tight budget so I maybe spend $60 every 2wks on groceries or longer. So I mostly eat lean cuisines because they are low fat and small portions, oatmeal, things like that, honestly I don't have much in my kitchen. When it comes to the tight budget I try to find things that are cheap yet healthy. It makes it a lot harder

Please don't trust MFP on the calories to each per day....LOVE this site and it's helping me lose but that is the one thing I've learned in the last couple months not to trust. It says 1200 for people who should be eating more! Please go to:

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

and based on your weight, height, activity level and what you want to lose you can find out how many calories you NEED to eat each day to fuel your body. Going under that is not always helpful. Your body is smart enough to know it needs to conserve calories if you work out each day so it may hold onto weight in prep for the workout it knows it coming. Eat enough to fuel and your body will burn correctly....giving it a try can't hurt.

I cut my calories for a while too and LOST NOTHING....I upped my intake and continued losing. I'm not an expert and I'm on this journey too but finding the right balance of calories and workouts will do more for you than starving your body :)
  • LabMonkeySteph85
    Options
    Your BMI is only 25.0 and "normal" (whatever that is!) is 24.9. You are barely overweight. Have you looked at the side effects of the Adipex? My brother's girlfriend took it for 2 months last year and then had a TIA(mini-stroke). She was 23 years old at the time. Seriously, it is not a good medication, especially for someone who doesn't even need it. If you feel that you are too big at your current weight, I would try to work on reducing body fat, not the number on the scale.
  • newjourney2015
    newjourney2015 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Do this and you *will* lose weight:

1) Three meals a day: breakfast, lunch, and dinner. That's it. No snacks, and no "in between" meals.

2) Give up sugar. No sugar in coffee, soda, or on cereal. Give up fruit juice -- it's mainly just another form of sugar. Water is the only liquid you need.

3) In the beginning, establish a very regulated moderate calorie diet. Don't follow any sort of fad such. Just pick a selection of foods that add up to a normal balanced diet -- whole grains, veggies, fruit, dairy, a little meat, etc. But start out by having exactly the same three meals each day -- the same foods and the same amounts. Weigh the portions on a scale. Consider frozen dinners. Healthy Choice, Lean Cuisine, Kashi, Smart Ones, and probably other brands have several that are low in calories and saturated fat, moderate in salt, and high in fiber.

4) Weigh yourself every day on a 0.2 lb. accuracy scale. Your weight should go down over every couple of days. If it doesn't, eliminate items from your diet or reduce the size of portions until your weight does go down. (If you don't have a 0.2 lb. accuracy scale, I'd recommend the EatSmart Precision Plus Digital Scale, which is sold on Amazon.)

5) When you have achieved a weight losing diet, then you can start making adjustments to add variety, but make sure that you keep losing weight.

6) Be sure to get regular daily exercise.

I've written an essay about losing weight on my blog that talks somewhat more generally about how to lose weight. Here's a link to that essay: http://bobday.net23.net/?p=27

I would need to see some credentials before following one word of this advise! :explode:
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Your BMI is only 25.0 and "normal" (whatever that is!) is 24.9. You are barely overweight. Have you looked at the side effects of the Adipex? My brother's girlfriend took it for 2 months last year and then had a TIA(mini-stroke). She was 23 years old at the time. Seriously, it is not a good medication, especially for someone who doesn't even need it. If you feel that you are too big at your current weight, I would try to work on reducing body fat, not the number on the scale.
    great advice.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options

1) Three meals a day: breakfast, lunch, and dinner. That's it. No snacks, and no "in between" meals.

2) Give up sugar. No sugar in coffee, soda, or on cereal. Give up fruit juice -- it's mainly just another form of sugar. Water is the only liquid you need.

3) In the beginning, establish a very regulated moderate calorie diet. Don't follow any sort of fad such. Just pick a selection of foods that add up to a normal balanced diet -- whole grains, veggies, fruit, dairy, a little meat, etc. But start out by having exactly the same three meals each day -- the same foods and the same amounts. Weigh the portions on a scale. Consider frozen dinners. Healthy Choice, Lean Cuisine, Kashi, Smart Ones, and probably other brands have several that are low in calories and saturated fat, moderate in salt, and high in fiber.

4) Weigh yourself every day on a 0.2 lb. accuracy scale. Your weight should go down over every couple of days. If it doesn't, eliminate items from your diet or reduce the size of portions until your weight does go down. (If you don't have a 0.2 lb. accuracy scale, I'd recommend the EatSmart Precision Plus Digital Scale, which is sold on Amazon.)

5) When you have achieved a weight losing diet, then you can start making adjustments to add variety, but make sure that you keep losing weight.

I've written an essay about losing weight on my blog that talks somewhat more generally about how to lose weight. Here's a link to that essay: http://bobday.net23.net/?p=27

lol

no thanks
  • Anastacia1119
    Anastacia1119 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I figured out your BMR and TDEE and it looks like you are seriously undereating. You only want to lose another 15 pounds or so, so eating 1200 with the amount of exercise you do isn't going to work. You don't have to eat that little to lose! According to the calculations, you should be eating around 1800 calories a day to lose weight. And with so little to lose, trying to lose 2 lbs a week (if that is what you are aiming for, I am only guessing because your calorie goal is 1200) is unrealistic.

Seriously, ditch the pills and the doctor like others have said. Up your calorie goal to something more realistic and give it a little time. You need to be patient. :-)
  • LabMonkeySteph85
    Options

Umm...no. Well, maybe #6 but other than that...no.
  • sexymuffintop
    Options

Just in case anyone was unsure, ignore this post completely. Just saying....
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options

No. Timing of meals is irrelevant to weight loss
    No...If you can fit in in your macro goals and stay under your cal goals don't stress this
    3) In the beginning, establish a very regulated moderate calorie diet. Don't follow any sort of fad such. Just pick a selection of foods that add up to a normal balanced diet -- whole grains, veggies, fruit, dairy, a little meat, etc.

Yes
    But start out by having exactly the same three meals each day -- the same foods and the same amounts. Weigh the portions on a scale. Consider frozen dinners. Healthy Choice, Lean Cuisine, Kashi, Smart Ones, and probably other brands have several that are low in calories and saturated fat, moderate in salt, and high in fiber.
    wait.....no.......are you kidding....why would you eat the same thing every day. This would get miserable quick.....and holy crap that's a lot of sodium.
    Don't rely solely on a scale.....You can use it as a tool...another guide....but take measurements.....see if your body is changing. Don't stress the "weight every couple days". Weigh every 1-2 weeks (or more) and make sure you are trending down.
    No. There is no reason not to have variety from the beginning
    You might not get it daily......get exercise as much as you can. I would suggest lifting some weights also....It does wonders for preserving lean mass and helping with body composition.

Yeah.....no offense but after what you spewed above I'm not about to take my time to go read your "essay". Good luck.
  • zaftiggirl
    zaftiggirl Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    As others have said, it looks like you're probably eating too little. A site that has been a really great help to me is niashanks.com - she makes a great case for lifting heavy weights to improve body composition and how you see yourself! If you're lifting correctly, it also gets your heart rate up quite a bit so you don't have to kill yourself on the treadmill. I have been following her advice for a while (although she doesn't count calories, I still do - but I eat about 2000 calories per day so it doesn't feel like deprivation). If you increase the muscle mass that is on your body and lift just three times a week, you'll burn more calories per day in the long run and not *have* to eat low calories (1400 or less) just to maintain. The scale is just one (often unreliable) way to track your progress, so I'd really encourage you to use measurements and train for a "look" not a number on the scale! :)
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    You've lost 20 lbs already (congrats) and say you haven't lost in months. This is normal. You can't expect to continue losing so easily (for lack of a better word) once you get closer to your goal. It's almost inevitable that you will stall.

I suggest you stay away from the scale and change up your routine.
  • Meghanorourke6
    Options
    Hello, I began my weight loss journey weighing in at 225 last year in December 2012, I am not at 175 which I have reached due to amazing workouts by Beachbody and body wraps by It works. IF you are looking for additional details, please text or email; 412-780-9561 or meghanorourke6@gmail.com; Lets get on this journey together and change lives
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    You state you need to be fit and strong for your job.
    your only option is to
    A) get a new job
    B) re-evaluate. Set mpf to only .5 loss per week and start lifting heavy.

Then figure out your BMR and TDEE and take it from there.
  • CGPD407
    CGPD407 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone so much for the tips and advice I really do appreciate it! So it's back to the chalk board to figure out a better plan or idea for me! Thanks everyone