Working out in the am vs working out in the pm

Options
ANY THOUGHTS ON THIS GUYS? perhaps i should do both. I love getting my exercise completed in the morning but i perfer classes so i know i will be pushed and all my classes are at night. Just curious if anyone had an idea of any real benefits to morning or evening work outs. * I NEVER REGRET WHEN I WORK OUT, I ONLY REGRET WHEN I DONT *

Replies

• Nurse4ukate
    Options
    I have previously always worked out after work at the gym but the past 2 days I have gotten up at 5:30 to do my turbo fire and am really finding that I have tons more energy throughout the day and then have my evenings free! Yes, it stinks to have to get up a little earlier but I've just been making myself get to bed a little earlier.
  • Babsvii
    Babsvii Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    i find i have more energy to workout in the AM which then gives me more energy throughout the day... If i wait till after dinner to workout i usually dont get as good of a workout in. But everyone is different... i say whenever you can get it in is a good time :)
  • weinbagel
    weinbagel Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    i like both for different reasons. i like working out in the AM to give me energy for the day, but i also like PM workouts because i dont feel as rushed to get ready for work! i try to mix it up a bit:)
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I used to do both. But then I found that the extra sleep I got in the mornings was needed more than double workouts. :-/

ETA On the weekends, I always do morning/early afternoon, though.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    AM and I don't get along.
  • btoeps74
    btoeps74 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I work noon to ten so working in the morning is my only option.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter, do it when it's convenient/best for you.
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    If you love working out in the morning, do it then if you have the time.

If you don't, do it in the pm...really doesn't matter. What matters is that you do it.
  • iron_jj
    iron_jj Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I always hit the gym between 2-5am. Gyms are too crowded around here during the day.
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options

If you don't, do it in the pm...really doesn't matter. What matters is that you do it.
    Truth
  • chercee
    chercee Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I workout better in the morning. Once the day gets started, my work schedule can be a bit random (I work from home) and there always seems to be something going on in the evenings. Besides, I find if I work out in the morning, it keeps me motivated to eat properly and stay active the rest of the day.
  • juliana813
    juliana813 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    i work out early in the morning and then again after lunch :-)
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    I personally work out better on an empty stomach, which is harder to accomplish in the PM

oh, and OP.... don't lose your head!
    yeah, you're only allowed to remove your own head \m/
  • BeinAwesome247
    BeinAwesome247 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I love the energy I have after a morning workout....however I have a hell of a time waking up to do the morning workout.

Think like others have said, as long as you're getting it done
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Everything I've read on the subject suggests that the measureable differences are close to negligible, so it's best to work out whenever you can consistently do it.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options

This.
  • amybg1
    amybg1 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Love me morning workouts! Can get on with your day and more energy to get it done