How much faith should I put in my scale?

Options
I've been weighing myself every day for the past week, sometimes more than once a day. I don't usually take the weight changes too seriously, I'm just a little obsessive haha. The past few days, my scale has said something around 126, sometimes a little higher. This morning, it told me 124.4. Should I fall for it? How many days should my scale tel me 124 before I start believing it? What do you all do?

Replies

• Slimkickin23
    Options
    My mom and I both work out a lot and our numbers drop when we get on the scale after yoga and stuff. Sometimes we drop 2 or 3 pounds of water weight. You should weigh yourself at the same time each day, in between meals, when you have drunk approx the same amount of water, and then trust the scale. That is what I do. Good luck!
    :happy: , Chloe
  • SammyLynn010
    SammyLynn010 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily but only in the mornings after Ive used the bathroom and before I eat or drink anything. I only log it once a week though. You could try that =)
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    The scale is the devil....you shouldn't visit it often. i'm still working on it.
  • osupike35
    osupike35 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hide the scale in the closet and take it out once a week
  • Natalie7227
    Options
    Yes, hide the scale and weigh in maybe once a week. If you can invest in a fat loss monitor that is a better measure anyways. It measures your body fat % and you can look at this once a month. If your not losing % on the fat monitor and your losing weight on the scale than there is a problem with you losing muscle. So invest in a hand held fat loss monitor and a good old measuring tape to see if there is any size difference once a month. This is the ultimate change in your weight. Your size.
  • abricklin
    abricklin Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I say if you see a specific weight (+/- an increment of say, .2 or .4 depending on the size of the drop) then its a true loss in MY book. I know some people have success with once a week but I failed at that MISERABLY. I gained weight EACH WEEK for a month and am convinced that daily is the right thing for me. While I it may be obsessive to step on each morning, I do not obsess over the number and see it as one in a million
  • dan_jones
    dan_jones Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself in the morning before eating or drinking anything, and before exercising. I write the reading down along with my blood pressure. This is my daily reading and its the one I count as official. After 1 1/2 hours of exercise I find my weight will drop as much as 4 pounds depending on how hot it is when I walk. Some of my loss (water) will gradually come back as the day goes on and after I begin eating any food. I will sometimes check the weight after exercise as a curiousity only. I count the first reading as the official one. Over the past 1 1/2 years I have lost a little over 100 pounds. I am just getting started with this website and I like it a lot. I think its better to do the daily reading and observe what the overall trend is once you have logged a lot of days. I think its more important to know where your going rather than when you will get there.

Best of Luck and much success to you.