I need workout DVD recommendations

Options
Hi everyone!

I already own quite a number of workout DVDs and I need some inspiration. I have every single Jillian Michaels workout DVD including Bodyrevolution. I love all of them (okay I officially have a girl crush on Jillian).Apart from that I do have almost all of the Bob Harper DVDs (apart from the Biggest Loser series because I'm just not a big fan of it). I do have Insanity as well as Turbofire. I love all of them but at the same time I just want to do a bit more strength training.
Are there any DVDs you can recommend? Plus I'd be great if there wasn't a whole bunch of equipment needed as I just have the usual stuff like yoga mat, different sets of dumbbells...

Thank you! I appreciate your recommendations.

Janina

Replies

• fitbugfreak
    fitbugfreak Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    P90X has great strength training with a mix of cardio if desired and yoga. I have done 2 rounds and really enjoEDy it!
  • lts42uk
    lts42uk Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Bump

Sorry can't add anything as I have the same collection as you (although my collection includes some Jackie Warner as well)
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    You might check out th befit Channel on YouTube. They had a 90 day program that had some ST as well as cardio, and I know they have a more intense one up now. I did the first one, I wish I had heavier dumbbells for some of the stuff, but other than that, I liked it. I haven't done the other. The have some other programs that I've done bits and pieces of as well that I like. They also have a variety of clips from JM, Denise Austin, etc.
  • cwill33
    cwill33 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Power 90 is great if you feel you're not ready for P90x. I lost 20 pounds doing Power 90 and I'm on week 3 of P90x right now.
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    I use DDP Yoga. It's great for building strength and flexibility. I also find it surprisingly fun to do. There's no equipment needed.
  • Janina1987
    Options
    What kind of equipment is needed for P90X?
  • Janina1987
    Options
    Thanks for the tip. I'll have a look later
  • Janina1987
    Options
    You might check out th befit Channel on YouTube. They had a 90 day program that had some ST as well as cardio, and I know they have a more intense one up now. I did the first one, I wish I had heavier dumbbells for some of the stuff, but other than that, I liked it. I haven't done the other. The have some other programs that I've done bits and pieces of as well that I like. They also have a variety of clips from JM, Denise Austin, etc.

Thanks! I'll have a look later! Sounds Good though
  • Janina1987
    Options
    Bump

Sorry can't add anything as I have the same collection as you (although my collection includes some Jackie Warner as well)

How do you like the Jackie Warner workouts? Was thinking about getting them as well
  • rrsuthy
    rrsuthy Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I have Jackie Warner DVDs. I really like her. Cindi Whitmarsh is good too as is Amy Dixon. I like Kettlebell workouts and use Amy Dixon and Amy Bento for that.

Jackie has an XTreme workout that gets my heart rate up as much if not more than Jillian and she doesn't make you do burpees. :)
  • parnyparn
    parnyparn Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    look into Jari Love line of dvds if you looking at strength
  • Janina1987
    Options
    I have Jackie Warner DVDs. I really like her. Cindi Whitmarsh is good too as is Amy Dixon. I like Kettlebell workouts and use Amy Dixon and Amy Bento for that.

Jackie has an XTreme workout that gets my heart rate up as much if not more than Jillian and she doesn't make you do burpees. :)

Kettlebell sounds good to since I have one and like that kind of workout.
    Ha ha... :-) I hate burpees and any other exercise that starts in plank position... I know it's necessary but still....
  • snorbensmark
    Options
    Hi, you could checkout www.HASFIT.com i think it is, but easily found on youtube. They have lots of different workouts, free & online including some I have been using myself which are specifically for home use - only need some dumbells & 30 mins a day.
  • Janina1987
    Options
    Hi, you could checkout www.HASFIT.com i think it is, but easily found on youtube. They have lots of different workouts, free & online including some I have been using myself which are specifically for home use - only need some dumbells & 30 mins a day.

Sounds good
    Thank you
  • DaveGlasnost
    DaveGlasnost Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Power 90 is great if you feel you're not ready for P90x. I lost 20 pounds doing Power 90 and I'm on week 3 of P90x right now.

I am only familiar with P90X, but you can either dive right into P90X (which I did) or do Power 90 as an initial and then graduate. I've heard good things about that path so I will second the comment I quoted.

Someday I might try Power 90 as a lark, probably not for 90 days... but yea, just because its there. Maybe when I am going into a maintenance or "rest" phase. Maybe sometime this summer, as I just finished P90X a few weeks ago and again just started another round of P90X this week.
  • lts42uk
    Options
    I love her extreme timesaver workout, it really works you hard and it's only 30 mins - a hard 30 mins! I have power circuit training which is good as well, I just up the weights when it becomes too easy. Her crunchless abs dvd is ok but I don't feel quite the same burn. I also have 30 Fast start which I've only done twice so I'm still deciding on that although it made my arms ache once I upped my weights. I have one-on-one training by Jackie too, but haven't done it yet!
  • lts42uk
    Options
    Bump

How do you like the Jackie Warner workouts? Was thinking about getting them as well

I love her extreme timesaver workout, it really works you hard and it's only 30 mins - a hard 30 mins! I have power circuit training which is good as well, I just up the weights when it becomes too easy. Her crunchless abs dvd is ok but I don't feel quite the same burn. I also have 30 Fast start which I've only done twice so I'm still deciding on that although it made my arms ache once I upped my weights. I have one-on-one training by Jackie too, but haven't done it yet!
  • pcdoctor01
    pcdoctor01 Posts: 389 Member
    Options

Thanks! I'll have a look later! Sounds Good though

I lost 4lbs doing BeFit in 90.
    I enjoy Sam and Garrett.
  • pcdoctor01
    pcdoctor01 Posts: 389 Member
    Options

Sounds good
    Thank you

I lost 8lbs doing HASfit.
    Coach is great!
  • luziferl
    luziferl Posts: 82
    Options
    bump... also want ideas for workouts! :)