Salad Dressing Recipes

Options
Megz2006
Megz2006 Posts: 122 Member
I am looking for some good, flavorful dressings for spinach salads. I need to keep it healthy (obviously) and most importantly low cholesterol.

Anyone have any good vinaigrette/salad dressings they could share? If you have a yummy salad that tastes best with the dressing, please feel free to share that too!

Thanks!

Replies

• locaoca
    locaoca Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Mustard dressing: 1 cup yellow or dijon mustard, 1/4 olive oil, and 1/4 balsamic vinegar. I got the recipe from a cook at a Peruvian resturant after I fell in love with it.
  • annabellep1
    annabellep1 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Mustard dressing: 1 cup yellow or dijon mustard, 1/4 olive oil, and 1/4 balsamic vinegar. I got the recipe from a cook at a Peruvian resturant after I fell in love with it.

That combination is my favorite, but a full cup of mustard sounds like a lot! I make it with a tablespoon of mustard, and similar amounts of olive oil and balsamic vinegar. I also add a dash of garlic powder. Serves about 6 salads for me, using a tbsp for each salad. Lasts up to two weeks in the fridge. I change up mustard styles every once in while to keep it interesting. Yellow, honey mustard, Dijon, stone ground; it all works.
  • Laurelthequeen
    Options
    When my jar of Grey Poupon is getting close to empty, I'll put a bunch of olive oil and balsamic in there and shake it. Cleans off the mustard from the sides and makes a great dressing when salt and pepper are added. Plus, no dishes!
  • locaoca
    locaoca Posts: 41 Member
    Options

That combination is my favorite, but a full cup of mustard sounds like a lot! I make it with a tablespoon of mustard, and similar amounts of olive oil and balsamic vinegar. I also add a dash of garlic powder. Serves about 6 salads for me, using a tbsp for each salad. Lasts up to two weeks in the fridge. I change up mustard styles every once in while to keep it interesting. Yellow, honey mustard, Dijon, stone ground; it all works.

Yeah it is a lot if mustard but I like it thicker.
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Red Thai Curry Dressing/Marinade

1/4 cup Rice Vinegar
    1/4 cup Red Curry Paste
    1/4 cup Olive Oil
    2 tbsp. Fresh Cilantro
    1 tbsp. Minced Garlic
    1 tbsp. brown sugar

Mix together and add water. I mix them all in a 2 cup measuring cup and fill the remainder with water. So about a cupish of water. This is DELICIOUS! And 39 calories for 2 Tbsp. It also make a killer base for a stir fry!
  • annabellep1
    annabellep1 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Red Thai Curry Dressing/Marinade

1/4 cup Rice Vinegar
    1/4 cup Red Curry Paste
    1/4 cup Olive Oil
    2 tbsp. Fresh Cilantro
    1 tbsp. Minced Garlic
    1 tbsp. brown sugar

Mix together and add water. I mix them all in a 2 cup measuring cup and fill the remainder with water. So about a cupish of water. This is DELICIOUS! And 39 calories for 2 Tbsp. It also make a killer base for a stir fry!

Oh my, that does look delicious! Stolen. :happy:
  • JulieBGoood
    JulieBGoood Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Check out the dressings by Bolthouse Farms, they are normally found refrigerated by the bagged salads. They are much healthier then most bottled dressings & taste awesome!!
    ETA: sorry, just noticed you asked for recipes not brand suggestions :)
  • Megz2006
    Megz2006 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions everyone! The red curry dressing sounds delicious.