Hello & NSV

Options
BreytonJay
BreytonJay Posts: 86 Member
So this will be my first post on this forum. How about that? I was kinda hoping it would be something like an amazing weight loss, but here it is.
Hi, I’m Brandi and I’ve spent the past few months shyly creeping out these forums reading everyone’s amazing weight-loss stories, experiences and advice and hoping one day to officially pop up with an amazing story to add.
I’ve used MFP before and lost 15 lbs. almost immediately, but then I plateaued and kinda gave up. But now I’m back and more dedicated than ever before (doesn’t really say much).
Anyhow, I’ve been struggling like I’m sure everybody does when they first strike out. But my struggles to find the sweet spot aren’t why I finally decided to say hello(though my diary is always open to critique ;-) ) I finally decided to say hello because of a conversation I had with my husband. This time around I have had an initial 1 pound loss, then a 3, and I felt really good about how it was going. Then the next week I jumped on the scale to see a 5 pound gain. What?! I’ve been working so hard! Yes, I cried. And ever since I have not seen that scale move. I know it’s early and I just recently changed to the TDEE instead of low cal.
But here’s my NSV. A few days ago I happened to grumble to my husband that I hadn’t logged my weigh-ins on MFP for about a month. He asked why not and I replied that I didn’t want to put on here that I had gained the weight back. His comment- why not? You’re only lying to yourself. You’re the only one who actually looks at your progress, and nobody on there is going to judge you for it because they are all there for the same reason.
And he’s right. Everytime I don’t log my weight or turn off the scale before it saves or “accidentally” forget about logging that tiny piece of chocolate bunny I had I’m only deceiving and hindering myself. I’m struggling. Nobody said it would be easy. But that doesn’t mean that I can’t do it. I can. And it may take a bit, but I’ll get there. And so will you.

Replies

• aperrillioux
    aperrillioux Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I have a REALLY hard time logging my weight gains as well. In fact, I haven't logged my most recent gain of just a little under ten pounds (thank god it's finally starting to go back down). I was so excited to get under 150, I can't bare the thought of changing it again so soon. =[ But, since you posted this, I may reevaluate...maybe I will log it.

:cry:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!