ANYONE TRAINING FOR A MARATHON?!

Options
I completed my first half marathon back in march and am now tackling the task of a FULL marathon!!
I was just wondering if any MFPers out there are also training for a marathon or just completed one?! My marathon is Oct. 17th so I am a few weeks into training.

Just looking for someone to "train" with, encourage, motivate, etc! :)

p.s. I also tweet my running journey alot if you want to follow! username: ashn02

Replies

• FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Joani77 for twitter I hope...I dont use it as much. Mine is October 3rd my second full...Ill be an accountabilibuddy for yhou!!!
  • ash15nicole
    ash15nicole Posts: 131
    Options
    Joani77 for twitter I hope...I dont use it as much. Mine is October 3rd my second full...Ill be an accountabilibuddy for yhou!!!

ok, im following you!! :) wow great job!! ok, great! i would really love some accountability! :)
  • aymetcalf
    aymetcalf Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I'm training for a half in November. I'd love to follow your training!
  • ash15nicole
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I'm training for a half in November. I'd love to follow your training!

AWESOME! I would love to follow yours as well! are you on twitter? If not, i will follow on here! :)
  • aymetcalf
    aymetcalf Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I'm not on twitter, but I try to log on here daily. Best wishes to you!
  • ash15nicole
    Options
    I'm not on twitter, but I try to log on here daily. Best wishes to you!

thank you, also to you!!
  • hannie75
    hannie75 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    congrats on finishing a half marathon. I did my first half marathon (and another one the following month) a few years back and continued on with a full marathon training the same year (thinking that if I can do half and feel great about it why not continue on what I've worked so hard and do a full). Just take it easy on training specially when its within a year. Half and a full marathon are totally completely different experience. I did complete the marathon under my ideal time however I came out of it not ever wanting to run again (though i'm thinking about starting up again) and permanently injuring my hip. Just take it easy with the training and take care of your body ( yoga, stretches, massages, long baths and rests!) Keep me posted! You can do it.

PS: the best thing about training for a marathon, you have do increase your caloric intake, if you don't you will pay for it dearly. (specially after 30kms of running)
  • ash15nicole
    Options
    congrats on finishing a half marathon. I did my first half marathon (and another one the following month) a few years back and continued on with a full marathon training the same year (thinking that if I can do half and feel great about it why not continue on what I've worked so hard and do a full). Just take it easy on training specially when its within a year. Half and a full marathon are totally completely different experience. I did complete the marathon under my ideal time however I came out of it not ever wanting to run again (though i'm thinking about starting up again) and permanently injuring my hip. Just take it easy with the training and take care of your body ( massages, long baths and rests!) Keep me posted! You can do it.

thank you so much for the advice!! I definitely don't want to hurt myself. i am in love with running and want to continue the rest of my life! I will definitely take your advice. I know I can kinda overdo some of my long runs and even my short runs because I just want to do my best, but hearing this from you, I will definitely be careful!
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    I'm not on Twitter, but I'm also training for a marathon in October. Good luck to you!
  • hannie75
    hannie75 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    you're making me want to run again! :happy:
  • ash15nicole
    Options
    I'm not on Twitter, but I'm also training for a marathon in October. Good luck to you!

GOOD LUCK to you as well!! what an awesome accomplishment we will have under our belts! :)
  • Cissy92
    Cissy92 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I had been thinking of running my very first marathon....I am going to start slow an run a 5k in march. I would really love some tips on how to train for it......congratrs to u all on running ur marathons thats so awsome
  • ash15nicole
    Options
    I had been thinking of running my very first marathon....I am going to start slow an run a 5k in march. I would really love some tips on how to train for it......congratrs to u all on running ur marathons thats so awsome

Atlantic-

you are starting out great!! my tips to you would be to just start out slow, just like your doing, and build your way up. dont get burnt out on it! definitely take rests days and just focus on the end results! whether it be acheiving long runs, attaining new goals, or weight loss!! you can do it!
  • DJH510
    DJH510 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Got my first marathon in October at Loch Ness in Scotland! Been running for years so am feeling very up to the challenge!
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    I'm more like in maintenance mode right now. I did my first half this spring, but fall is too busy for me to try and prepare for a full marathon in. So I will be picking up the real training thru the winter to run next May.
  • ash15nicole
    Options
    Got my first marathon in October at Loch Ness in Scotland! Been running for years so am feeling very up to the challenge!

wow that awesome!!! keep my posted on how it goes!
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I'm training for my second full marathon which takes place October 31st. Would love to provide support and encouragement.:flowerforyou:
    Risa
  • RMX82
    RMX82 Posts: 172
    Options
    I'm training for a one mile run, haha. What's that leave me, only 25.2 short?
  • sfstallworth
    Options
    I just finish my second half marathon last month on the 12th, and I am training for my second full marathon on October 9 of this year. I completed my first full marathon last October and it was an amazing experience crossing that finish line!
  • valeriebpdx
    valeriebpdx Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I'm training for a one mile run, haha. What's that leave me, only 25.2 short?

You're almost there! LOL

I will be running my fourth full marathon on 10-10. I am currently slacking on shorter training runs and could totally use some friends to check in with. I haven't run at all during the week for two weeks because I have been traveling and my kids are home from school, and I am going to be sad on mary day if I don't get it together. So how many miles are you up to for long runs? I will be doing 15 tomorrow.