Let's Do This Thing

Options
Hello all. I am so glad that I found this website/app. I feel that it's going to help me finally reach my life long goal of being healthy. Ever since I was a little girl I have been heavy. I am tired of feeling uncomfortable in my clothes and my skin. I have finally signed up at a gym and have done 2 one hour Zumba classes and 1 one hour turbo kick class. I am hoping to hit the gym 5-6 days per week. I have completely cut out all caffeine from my diet and am making great progress on not eating any sweets as well. I am a newlywed (we've been married almost 11 months) and a grad student so my eating habits the past year have not been good at all. Cheers to health :)

Replies

• MattyB1288
    Options
    bump
  • kalea_kane
    Options
    So many things to congratulate you on! First, congrats on the new life as a married. I'm five years in. :) Way to go with the gym too. I joined one a short time ago. Way to go with the Zumba and turbo kick classes! That is awesome. I have never tried zumba. I don't know if I would do well. A long long long time ago, I used to take aerobics classes that a friend taught, and I was horrible! I am really into the cardio via treadmills and elliptical trainers. I am hoping to get more focused on weights soon. I just really need to get my lungs opening up for a bit more first. I wish you the best! And I'm sending you a request. I'd love to be a fellow motivating pal. :)
  • Gabrial5
    Gabrial5 Posts: 12
    Options
    you go girl!!!
  • antdogs
    antdogs Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    this site is awesome/app is awesome! alot of cool peeps here too!
  • SweetpeaHu
    SweetpeaHu Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm on everyday. It's been about 1.5 months and I lost 5lbs with another 15 to go!
  • sarahkalt88
    sarahkalt88 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Go ahead and add me if you'd like! Maybe we can help each other over the "study" hiccups!
  • teamnevergoingback
    teamnevergoingback Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Hey there! You sound like you're off to a great start and you have a great attitude! I'm glad you're here and congrats on getting married, happy almost anniversary.
  • niumee1982
    niumee1982 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your motivation to be healthy! I am also a graduate student and I gained like 30 lbs in a couple of months on my first year. Now on my fifth year, I am really hoping to graduate in the next few months and also lose those 30 lbs and a lot more. I have lost 10 lbs on my first month of MFP, and have a lot more stamina and happiness in general so you're in the right place! the community is also very supportive.:-). I've added you.
  • samschnell4
    samschnell4 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You can go ahead and add me as well. I have been in a relationship with my boyfriend for a little over 5 years and I have gained about 25 lbs since 2007. I am slowly trying to get this weight off and I have also recently signed up for a gym membership. I have also purchased Turbo Jam and Rocking Body (both Beach Body workout DVD's). I would love to support you as well as you support me. I know my boyfriend always tells me that I am beautiful, but I want to feel beautiful. By no means do I feel like I am overweight, but I know there is weight to be lost as well as muscles to be toned.
  • dmgelinas
    dmgelinas Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Yay! and WELCOME! feel free to add me (anyone). I love making new friends and swapping ideas and stuff!
  • User819
    User819 Posts: 271
    Options
    You can do this. Take it one meal at a time and one day at a time. Best of luck to you. This site has great supporters and welcome aboard